Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Fader with Two Presets to control 2 Faders

My set up : TouchOSC. OSCulator (mac PPC/Tiger) Yamaha 01V96

Hi Guys, I can create 1 fader and use the presets in OSCulator to map it to different Midi CC's (two different faders in O1V). What i cant seem to do is get the faders to update on the TouchOSC screen when i flip back to the previous preset. Although the fader position on TouchOSC will update if i physically move the fader on the O1V. Can this be done?

Thanks,

e.

Hey Ezee,

The presets system is more a way to store different message configurations in one file. As you noticed, the events are not triggered when a preset is restored. I recently had a similar request from another user, so I was planning to add a choice in the Presets menu wether message values should also be restored on preset change, but since you are using a computer that runs PPC and Tiger, this new version would not be compatible.

If can find some time next week, I might be able to retrofit this feature in the 2.9.6 branch. I guess you would be interested in testing such feature, so let me know and we'll give it a try.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hiya Camille, thank you so much for the reply. Id certainly be interested in trying out anything you retro-fit into the 2.9.6 branch and i really appreciate your time. My rig is a Yamaha O1V96, a Lynksys Wifi Router & an older Mac Powerbook (566mhz) that i cant update beyond 10.4.11. Your OSCulator & TouchOSC are what i have been searching for for two years as a low cost alternative to remotley controlling Yamaha Consoles. There are other ways to do it.. Tablet PC's / Yamaha Studio Manger Software, Be-Mix & Be-Station (way too much money)... but OSCulator and TouchOSC are an incredible solution.

Again thank you for your time and promt replys.

e.

Comment

Hey Ezee,

Really nice to hear that. Since it is not a super big feature, it is easy to retrofit. I was also a fun trip in the past to see how much the code has changed the last past weeks.

I have sent you an email with a preview version so you can try that feature and tell me if that working as expected.

Cheers,

Cam

Comment

Working...
        X