Powermate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powermate?

Hi everyone! I couldn't find any discussions on this topic, but hopefully you might know something or want to add this feature. I have a Griffin Powermate (somewhat similar to SpaceNavigator), and it would be awesome to translate it's messages into MIDI data. OSC seems like the perfect platform! Is that already possible, or is there a chance that feature could be added?

I know it can be done with PD, but PD has to be the active window which limits use. I'm hoping OSC has or can have a way around that. Thanks!

Hi,

The powermate is a really cool accessory, but I can't promise any support in the near term future.

I'll add it to my "to support" list, with a little luck it should be a HID compatible device, and will enable me to support it more easily.

Best,

Cam

Comment

hi camille i also have a powermate and really wish to use it with traktor as a seek/scratch controller, but i need osculator to translate the midi.. can you let me know how i can get this to work or if you are looking to offer support for this device?

i would really appreciate any help!

regards

n.

Comment

Hi Neil,

Thanks for letting me know.
        I will have a look at this device.
        Since I made progresses on devices support, it should be the right time to have a look at this one.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Hello,

I'm also very interested in the Powermate support. I can beta test this feature if it's useful to you.

Multiple Powermate support would be great too. I only own one at the time but plan to buy a second one.

Regards,

olivier

Comment

Originally posted by olivier View Post
            Hello,

I'm also very interested in the Powermate support. I can beta test this feature if it's useful to you.

Multiple Powermate support would be great too. I only own one at the time but plan to buy a second one.

Regards,

olivier
            +1

I got a powermate for a long time and it's nice.

Comment

Nice to see that it is a desired feature.
              I am buying a PowerMate online and see how it works.
              I hope to bring back good news :-)

Comment

Just received my PowerMate :-)
                I'll everyone know how it goes.

update: this is a HID device as I hoped. this means I'll be able to support it without too much difficulties. The only problem I have right now is that I don't know how to control the LED state. I'll ask Griffin …
                Last edited by camille; 02-21-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Powermate?

Has anyone worked out basic input with the powermate yet? I was trying to figure out a quick way to control my fade to black sliders in VDMX and I remembered I had a powermate that I got years ago for Final Cut lying around. I don't need anything fancy, just the ability to turn it into a sort of OSC slider that VDMX will listen to.

Comment

u can try this for now...
                    http://vdmx.memo.tv/hid_midi_control_example

Comment

I received my second one and really hope to see support coming.

Here is a topic about it on the ControllerMate forum : http://www.orderedbytes.com/forum/vi...2dee1bd7b10196

Maybe this link could be useful as well : http://www.oatbit.com/~jg/index.php?.../knob_drivers/ (I didn't succeed at using the new kext, but I didn't try hard).
                      Last edited by olivier; 03-16-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Any news on this front? I'm looking at a powermate as a master knob i can assign stuff to through the iphone, as i want to limit the aps running around traktor while on the stage. Using osculator would rock as not only would it limit the ap usage, but it would also increase the simpleness when i setup AND i could combine my controllers like i have done with the wii motes and iphone.

Camille, i know you can do it as you rock

Cheers
                        Johannes Drakenberg - Artist
                        - Facebook - Soundcloud - Tour Dates - Youtube -

Comment

Hi Drakenberg,

I don't have something that integrates nicely in OSCulator, but I can share something with that should work nicely. Please contact me by email (camille at osculator dot net) and I'll send you an executable you can try!

Best,
                          Cam

Comment

I just posted a tool to use the PowerMate in the Extras section of the forum:
                            Hi, Here is a little tool to use the Griffin PowerMate with any OSC enabled application. The attached zip contain an executable tool that can be double clicked (it will open a Terminal window), and an example Osculator file. When the tool is launched, it searches for a PowerMate. I have not installed the drivers, so I can't

Comment

wicked, thanks for this. thanks for osculator too! i had been using junxion, but it seems too flakey with wiimotes. hopefully osculator won't crash during my gig on saturday!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X