Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting user's opinion on documentation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will include the documentation as part of the application and update it with the missing bits for the next release (2.11).

Comment

I'm sure this has been asked for before, but I'd like to ask again for a downloadable manual and tutorial guide, to take someone from absolute beginner to OSCulator expert. Lots of examples, lots of downloadable templates to fiddle with, with everything explained.

I have gone through the documentation, and to be honest, I found it a bit of a struggle to find the answers to simple questions there, particularly in terms of integration with TouchOSC surfaces one may have designed.

I know this is a massive undertaking, but in terms of teaching this stuff (I do this a lot!) there just isn't the simple, understandable information out there on OSC and this would be a great place to start with such a great piece of software!

Comment

Hi Phinland,

This is exactly what I have started to do a month ago, at least I'm trying my best to rewrite the user manual
        You can already download an initial edition of the PDF manual here:

It is not complete, but when it will, OSCulator 2.11 will be released.

The difficulty is that OSCulator is a "general purpose" software in some sense, and I can't be specific to TouchOSC, or any software. Regarding TouchOSC, there are already a lot of examples in the Sample Library, and each example is commented in the accompanying Notepad window.

I hope this answers your request.

Best Regards,
        Camille

Comment

Hi Cam, Thanks as always for your input. To reiterate our email exchange, I think the new beta manual is a massive step forward. A really great pair of additions would be the functions appendix and some incremental worked example projects, moving from absolute MIDI/OSC/OSCulator beginner to expert in several increasingly complex stages. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X