Waldorf Pulse Ipad TouchOSC editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waldorf Pulse Ipad TouchOSC editor.

Hello, this is a Waldorf Pulse editor for use in TouchOSC and Osculator.

The Waldorf Pulse has a great midi implementation as all the parameters send and receive midi. So you'll be able to take full control of your Pulse and edit new patches.

This layout has many parameters, please, fell free to comment any bug if you find it.

Note: Select patches function still doesn't work. Waiting for incremental MIDI prg. changes feature in Osculator.

Screenshots:

Regards.

Miguel Mendoza.
    Attached Files

WOW!!! That, is, cool ...
    I'll get the pulse out the closet and try this :-)

Comment

Somehow found a link to this page, looks mad and efficiently programmed.
      Just joined.

Comment

Hey Miguel, I've had lots of positive feedback on this killer layout, just so you know :-)

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I think that Osculator together with Ios apps is the present and future of music controllers and we are just scratching the surface. Congratulations for your effort Camille.

Comment

Newbie question...

Just came across this great layout while searching online for vst editors for my pulse plus. Now, I have a few questions: Can this be used in the iphone's touchosc app? Also, once I've downloaded Osculator (which I've never used before), and connected my Pulse to the midi ins and outs of my soundcard, do I need to set up any midi cc messages in Osculator as the Quick Start Guide states or is everything set up for me once I load the layout? Let me know. Also, great work on this.

Comment

Hi Remedial,

This layout has been made for the iPad, it won't work on an iPhone.
              The attached zip contains the oscd file with all the necessary mapping.
              The only thing you might need to change is to activate your physical MIDI interface in the list of MIDI outputs.
              (go in the Parameters window, I/O tab, then "Select active MIDI Outputs").

And yes, CV-Gate made a great work on this one!

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                Hi Remedial,

This layout has been made for the iPad, it won't work on an iPhone.
                The attached zip contains the oscd file with all the necessary mapping.
                The only thing you might need to change is to activate your physical MIDI interface in the list of MIDI outputs.
                (go in the Parameters window, I/O tab, then "Select active MIDI Outputs&quot.

And yes, CV-Gate made a great work on this one!

Best,
                Cam
                Thanks for the quick reply Cam. So, could I just load the layout into Osculator and use it like that rather than going through TouchOSC? Thanks again.

Comment

Just a clarification:
                  The layout used by TouchOSC provides the user interface on the iPad.
                  The oscd file used by OSCulator provides the mapping between the user interface and the Pulse via MIDI.

You will need both in order to use the template CV-Gate has made for us.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                    Just a clarification:
                    The layout used by TouchOSC provides the user interface on the iPad.
                    The oscd file used by OSCulator provides the mapping between the user interface and the Pulse via MIDI.

You will need both in order to use the template CV-Gate has made for us.
                    Thanks again. Guess I'll have to hold out until February for the Ipad 2 to drop to be able to use this one. Either way, thanks for this CV Gate and thanks to you Cam for all your help.

Comment

Ah ah!
                      If you get an iPad 2, pleas let us know how it goes, I'm looking forward to see it in action :-)

Comment

Have any of you guys tried porting the Missing Link TouchOsc template (http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/02/ipa...-touchosc.html) over to be able to work in Osculator? I'd like to give that one a try as well even though i don't think this one leaves much to be desired!!

I only just started messing around in Osculator so I'm very new at this but how difficult would it be to try and convert it? Also, since I can hook my iPad up in a network midi session on my mac, why wouldn't it be advantageous to just set up the TouchOsc template to use straight midi? What advantages does Osculator bring?

Comment

Hi

Randomly just found this and joined the forum.

This doesn't appear to work on an iPad 2.
                          I have been checking the output from MidiOX - any suggestions on what could be changed/fixed?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, is it possible to use this template without the need of a computer or wifi? Just via midi cables as a hardware midi controller would? Tried it but didn't work, but managed to do it with other templates for other synths. Is there any way to modify it with the touchosc editor?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                            X