Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TouchOSC Editor will not sync to iPad incoming port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah yes. you mean by creating a network via my macs airport and connecting the ipad to that network, right? in which case yes, i usually do that. ive tried everything through directly connecting and over 2 different wireless networks. my bewilderment comes from the minor thing that it is impossible to edit the Add Host field of the TouchOSC app itself. I can handle if TouchOSC can't find a host on its own, because I usually had to manually enter my IP on the itouch before and could download layouts using manually entered hosts without problem. but the keyboard doesn't come up if i try to Add Host on the ipad.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend using manual IP addresses.
      Using them is only a temporary fix, and can make things worse.

Have you been able to sync your layout?
      I just tried today, and had no problem with all the attempts I made.

I have one more suggestion, not sure it will make a difference, but it could help:
      Go in your System Preferences / Network Pane. Look at the Advanced configuration of your Airport network interface, and turn off IPv6 support.
      There has been a change in 10.6.5 wrt to IPv6 that could cause problems, so unless you are really sure you need IPv6 (you'll need it someday but not now), you can turn it off.

After this I think I'll be out of ideas!

Comment

still nothing. well, i don't know about manual IP hosts causing problems, but it couldn't be any worse then what I'm experiencing now because I can't really do anything at this point. Am I the only one who can't manually enter an IP/host name to add host? My iPod touch has got an earlier version of TouchOSC and i can manually add an editor host with the iPod touch. I'm going to update TouchOSC and see if that makes a difference... which it doesn't. with 1.6.2 on iPod touch everything works perfect but on my iPad the keyboard will not show when trying to add a manual editor host. do you know of anything that would make that happen? I honestly don't mind if it's not the recommended course of action and has risk of botching things, I just want to manually enter an IP address to add a host like I always have.

Comment

Well, I am really sorry but as you know I am not the maintainer of this application so I can't do anything more.
          You should annoy Rob the author of TouchOSC for this.
          I think he has a facebook page.

Comment

ah that's okay no apology needed. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me though!
            peace
            love
            happy new year

Comment

Solution i found

This was my solution:

turn off any other network besides the one you're using to connect to the ipad. (in my case i just unplugged the ethernet cable connecting me to the internet.

Then i retryed and BOOM! there she was!

PP

Comment

Hello guys, having the same problem...but i tried all the possible solutions and no luck for me, i sent an email to Rob and had no reply, im getting frustrated with this, cant do nothing So any help will be much appreciated

Comment

Same problem here , everything works but when i try to sync a layout my ipad would find my mac and i can't add a host ...

Comment

The best thing we can do is to annoy Rob from TouchOSC on this:
                    The TouchOSC page on facebook should be the best place for this:
                    Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Comment

and I can confirm that syncing a layout with an iPad just does not work.

Edit: Got it working by restarting the iPad, and launching a layout to ensure the connection is up before trying to Add a layout. This is definitely a bug in TouchOSC.
                      Last edited by camille; 01-10-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Problem solved ! after updated touchOSC to 1.6.3 i was able to enter a host ... Sync works now perfect ...

Comment

So I had the problem of timing out when trying to sync.

I had to manually add an exception in my PC's firewall under TouchOSCEditor.exe for both the ports used by TouchOSC.
                          (You can find out which ports TouchOSC is using by going to:
                          Settings >> Connections >> [Your machine's IP] >> Port (outgoing) & Port (incoming)

After that i restarted TouchOSC Editor, and could sync without problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X