Kinect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinect?

Any thoughts on support for the new Microsoft Kinect? I see there are open source drivers out there now.

Hey Brian,

I just bought a Kinect, and will experiment with that very interesting device, but will be unable to support it before the previously suggested features are implemented.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Maybe you'd want to try TuioKinect, which is a small application that will do hand tracking with the Kinect and send TUIo messages. By the way, OSCulator makes it easy to use TUIO messages, so this app is definitely a try.

There's a CDM article here : http://createdigitalmotion.com/2010/...s-from-kinect/
      And the link to download the TuioKinect: http://code.google.com/p/tuiokinect/

Hint: set OSCulator OSC input port to 3333, which is the default for TUIO.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Tuiokinect is ok, though its a bit random on what it picks up and spits out.
        Synapse, free, works well with Ableton Live, though you have to assume the psi position to initiate it and you need max for live to run the plugins with it.

Right now I'm working with Ni-mate into Osculator, Isadora and Live for a video/sound installation for nuit blanche. Ni-mate works the best so far, as you can tell it to work off the closest person and specify messages, ranges and issues. With Osculator I'm finding I can send some messages as keystrokes and some as midi controllers, which is ideal for working with Live.

Comment

HI
          Is it possible using NI-Mate and OSCulator ? And the Ableton LIVE ?

Thanks for your help
          Regards
          zined

Comment

HI
            Camille, gzap, could you please help me (il you speak french so it's the best for me... Thanks !) to use TUIO, or NI-MATE if this last one is better, to use a Kinect (version 1414) with Ableton LIVE.

Great thanks
            Denis

Comment

Working...
            X