Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forwarding dynamic labels during pre set changes

Hi Camille

Yes that was my other option. I was just wondering if there was a way to sustain variables form preset to preset I guess like sending variables in a URL. But yes I think also your second solution will work for me.

I sometimes tend to get to complicated whereas simplicity is often beautiful.

Thanks as always.

i have shared my current projects on the MIo list where interest is growing in Osculator. I will have to think how to host my projects or do you think the URL I sent you to was ok its just a little inpolite to leave people on a web page to a members web site but it is simple for me!!

Very best wishes Russell

Thanks for letting me know. I am big fan of Metric Halo gear and used to own a MIO 2882 for a while (I don't need so much I/O power anymore so I sold it).

I don't know if you noticed but you can attach files to posts of the forum.
    If that's fine for you can you can host your files on the website.

PS: I have a found a bug happening when changing the current preset. I will release an update this evening to solve this and a couple of other problems.

Yes I have tried a few things which didn't work with the faders. I am very happy indeed how it is working now.

The label thing is minor really but I have another option which could be better any way.

In the MIo console I can bank the faders in groups of 8 with a keyboard key command which I can execute from Osculator.

So If I create 2 pages one for channels 1 to 4 & the second for 5-8 they would operate like 9-16 with the key command.

Hopefully then if I then send the midi note to change the faders from main to aux faders all will work.
    Then actually in osculator the faders actually are identical all the preset will need to do is change the faders labels.

I might as you mention need to make 4 presets

channels 1-8 main
    channels 1-8 aux
    channels 9-16 main
    channels 9-16 aux

and of course I could do the same for further banks of 8

Its a shame we cannot get the fader names for the mio console does osculator work with midi hex.
    I am finding that the select button is useful in showing which fader is which.

Thanks as always

Russell

Nice I will host the file in the forum.
    Yes I love the metric halo gear I can do a 12 or 13 (realistically ) out of a laptop bag. I have been using a Euphonix mc mic and now I have been sticking my ipod on top of it for 12 faders. there is still alot of advantage in real faders for control but as I get used to ipod ipads who knows especially travelling on a plane.

I must talk to hexler about the faders It would be nice to have a larger object where you could pick the fader up rather than it jumping. Maybe the dark bit of the fader could be adjustable and be the object.

Thanks Russell

You should try the "relative mode" of the fader.
    This is a recent addition and I think this will do what you want (the button is still a small though).

About the track names: do you know what is the format of the MIDI messages used?
    That would be helpful.

Cheers,
    Cam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12