No announcement yet.

LiveOSC and Osculator clip names Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have updated the original post to make it clearer that you must drag and drop your layout file.
    In this document you will find the complete list of OSC message for LiveOSC:

I can see that there are OSC messages to get the scene name from an integer, but I don't find this convenient to use...

When you receive the scene number, you must send the message /live/name/scene with the integer argument to LiveOSC. It will reply with the /live/name/scene message using two arguments, the second one being the scene name as a string. You can then forward the scene name to TouchOSC.

Comment

Hi Camille & folks

You're right, but I don't really understand why this happens.
      It seems LiveOSC doesn't clear out the name of the clip that are not anymore used.
      I have found a workaround, but I'm not a super fan of this : you can insert an empty MIDI clip by pressing Command-E in the clip. That will clear out the clip name and the send the appropriate OSC messgae…
      Maybe this is a way to clear the labels in Touchosc.
      The problem is: Live (throught liveOsc) don't send the message /live/name/clip when a clip is deleted or moved in Live. I think one solution could be routing a osc message from /live/clip/info/tracknumber/clipnumber/0 {state: No clip} (which is triggered for every action of the clip) to a concrete label in TouchOsc with the argument blank space. I tried to make a " " token, but give me a """ token. I'm stucked at this point. Any other character works fine (but you have the label displaying at least one character, like a dot).

Comment

Hi iogurt,

In the OSC Routing Editor, Arguments field, try hitting Alt+Space, it will insert a space character.
        Just discovered that ...

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Yeaah, now Touchosc keeps perfectly the name (or no name) on the slot clips.

Man, i tried every key with alt but alt+space, alt+enter and alt+esc!!!! Dummy, dummy...

Thanks again. You give to me a lot of sleep time.

Comment

Working...
          X