Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiveOSC and Osculator clip names Please Help

Hi, Cam. I'm doing it and it works. But I have a problem. For example if I've 2 in the firts 2 slots of my track, and I change the position of the track for another track who has this slots empty the values doesen't reset, the values is still holding the names of previous clips... Can I fix it? Thanks!

Are you sure you have assigned to correct OSC Routings ?
    Please pm me your file so I can have a look :-)

Can you tell me if that works some of the time of fails at random intervals ? This can happen when you are using a router in between your iPhone and computer.

It always works for me using a router... I tried to link iPhone and Mac directly with a "private" wlan... but I've the same result.

I think I've done it correctly. I use your example for doing it. I'm doing it with very simply toucOSC layout, only with 4 labels. It sends the values perfect... but doesn't update empty slots.

I'll try to explain it. This is the first Step:

Live Track 1: Clip 1, Empty Slot, Clip 3, Empty Slot
    Live track 2: Empty Slot, Clip 2, Empty Slot, Clip 4
    iPhone: Clip 1, (nothing), Clip 3; (nothing)

When I change the position of the tracks manually, for Live to send me the necessary order to change the names of the clips. Now then I've this:

Live Track 1: Empty Slot, Clip2, Empty Slot, Clip 4
    Live Track 2: Clip 1, Empty Slot, Clip 3, Empty Slot
    iPhone: Clip 1, Clip 2, Clip 3, Clip 4

Can you understand something?

I've seen when I change the position of the tracks live onli sends to OSCulator information about the clips that we add. In the above case clips 2 and 4 (on osculator 0 and 3)

Thanks you a lot!
    Last edited by uuuhu; 02-25-2011 at 09:01 PM.

You're right, but I don't really understand why this happens.
    It seems LiveOSC doesn't clear out the name of the clip that are not anymore used.
    I have found a workaround, but I'm not a super fan of this : you can insert an empty MIDI clip by pressing Command-E in the clip. That will clear out the clip name and the send the appropriate OSC messgae…

Hi,

I obviously don't have enough knowledge to do this, because I don't understand the vocabulary.

For example:
    Drop your TouchOSC layout on the table at the bottom
    ???

EDIT

I got it to work. Scene names are numbers. Is there a way to get scene names - Letters - just like the clips? Thanks
    Last edited by lapieuvre; 11-10-2011 at 05:04 PM.

I have updated the original post to make it clearer that you must drag and drop your layout file.
    In this document you will find the complete list of OSC message for LiveOSC:
    http://monome.q3f.org/browser/trunk/LiveOSC/OSCAPI.txt

I can see that there are OSC messages to get the scene name from an integer, but I don't find this convenient to use...

When you receive the scene number, you must send the message /live/name/scene with the integer argument to LiveOSC. It will reply with the /live/name/scene message using two arguments, the second one being the scene name as a string. You can then forward the scene name to TouchOSC.

Hi Camille & folks

You're right, but I don't really understand why this happens.
    It seems LiveOSC doesn't clear out the name of the clip that are not anymore used.
    I have found a workaround, but I'm not a super fan of this : you can insert an empty MIDI clip by pressing Command-E in the clip. That will clear out the clip name and the send the appropriate OSC messgae…
    Maybe this is a way to clear the labels in Touchosc.
    The problem is: Live (throught liveOsc) don't send the message /live/name/clip when a clip is deleted or moved in Live. I think one solution could be routing a osc message from /live/clip/info/tracknumber/clipnumber/0 {state: No clip} (which is triggered for every action of the clip) to a concrete label in TouchOsc with the argument blank space. I tried to make a " " token, but give me a """ token. I'm stucked at this point. Any other character works fine (but you have the label displaying at least one character, like a dot).

Hi iogurt,

In the OSC Routing Editor, Arguments field, try hitting Alt+Space, it will insert a space character.
    Just discovered that ...

Best,
    Cam

Question

Yeaah, now Touchosc keeps perfectly the name (or no name) on the slot clips.

Man, i tried every key with alt but alt+space, alt+enter and alt+esc!!!! Dummy, dummy...

Thanks again. You give to me a lot of sleep time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12