5 wiimotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 wiimotes?

hi everyone, i'm wondering if it's possible to add a firth wiimote (so i could work with 5 wiimotes simultaneously)?

currently the Max patch that comes with Osculator is limited to 4 wiimotes.

if it's possible, do i have to change the patch much?

any help is appreciated. i have a little Max exposure, but am not a programmer. the best of course would be if someone is willing to share a patch that allows working with 5 or more wiimotes.

many thanks!
    Teresa

Teresa Ascencao
    Media Artist & Arts Educator
    Toronto
    www.tascencao.com
    www.euphoricfemme.com
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-17-2011, 06:33 PM.

Hi Teresa,

Depending on your computer you can connect up to 4 Wiimotes and 7 Wiimotes on most recent (1 year old) Macbook / Macbook Pro models.

I don't know exactly how you use the Max patch, but it actually works in a very simple way. I would suggest you have a look at the CNMAT extension OSC-route, this is what is used in the example patch.

If you experiment a bit with OSC-route you should be able to do your own setup without too much difficulty.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks Camille! I'll hope to figure this out.

In the mean time, I didn't realize this, but the current wiimote Max patch does not send simultaneous data from 4 wiimotes. my tech collaborator Brian MacMillan just updated the patch to do this. If you'd like to contact him his email is brmacmillan@ ------ . ---. (http://brianmacmillan.com/)

Teresa :-)
      Last edited by camille; 02-21-2011, 01:24 PM. Reason: removed email

Comment

Thanks Teresa !
        ps: the Wiimote patch is only a demo to show how to get Wiimote's signal into Max/MSP but does not produce any signal per se.

Comment

oh, i didn't realize. i thought it was part of the pack. no worries. thanks Camille :-))

Comment

Working...
          X