This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of compatible Wacom Tablets

I would like to make the list of compatible Wacom tablets.
    Please feel free to report your model if you do not see it listed here :

- Intuos 5 Pro
    - Inutos 4 WL (both USB and Bluetooth modes)
    - Intuos 3
    - Intuos 2
    - Cintiq 21 UX
    - Cintiq 18 SX
    - Cintiq 13HD
    - Bamboo Fun
    - Bamboo Touch (touch events are handled by the Wacom driver using keyboard shortcuts)
    - Graphire
    Last edited by camille; 12-10-2016, 11:29 AM.

Wacom Intuos 2

Comment

Hello - is there an option for new generation of Wacom Intuos touch tablets (http://www.wacom.com/en/de/creative/intuos-m)
      to be used w Osculator?

thanks for letting know - vivat Osculator !

Comment

Hi mrataj!

I have not tested these new models. I would say this one should work like a Bamboo, that is, you get the pen events, but touch events are still delivered as keystrokes from the Wacom driver.

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

First of all, thank you so much for your software which is completely essential for my work!
          I'm now working with the Wacom Intuos-m. It provides touch events as discrete events with an x, y + blob width and height, with up to 13 fingers. Really cool stuff. I would be very grateful if you could expand your software to recognize these events. Here is a link to an open source max/msp external which handles all of this: http://metason.cnrs-mrs.fr/Resultats/MaxMSP/ - see "s2m.wacomtouch.zip".

all the best - tarik

Comment

Hi Tarik,

Thanks for the links, I'll study the code and see if I can integrate that to the Wacom driver.

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

Do you know if the new 2017 Wacom Intuos Pro models (http://www.wacom.com/en-de/products/...ets/intuos-pro) are compatible with osculator?

Comment

Hello Casimir,

I reckon these should work, but I have not tested them.
                You should be aware that there is currently a problem with newest Wacom drivers, please have a look at this thread for more info:

Best,
                Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,
                  just tried to hook up an old wacom cte-630 sapphire... after installing bamboo drivers which makes it work fine as a trackpad, I can't seem to get osculator to recognise its existence...
                  It should just be plug n' play right ?

Comment

Hi Camille,
                    I have a wacom intuos CTH 490 with the driver 6.3.27-2 installed (the only one that work with this one...) and the only thing that worked is the pen proximity message. Is there any chance that OSCulator will be compatible this tablet eventually?

Comment

Hello Karocarbo,

This is a known issue, and it is affecting all Wacom Tablets.
                      I am in touch with Wacom, unfortunately no progress has been done in the past 6 month.

I eagerly test every new driver hoping they will eventually fix this bug...
                      The solution mentionned in the link above should work though, but for how long?

Best,
                      Cam

Comment

Hello.
                        Toujours pas de compatibilité avec les Wacom Intuos Pen&Touch ?
                        Lorsque je la connecte, j'ai bien les différents inputs qui s'affichent, mais seule la proximité, la pression du stylet et les 4 touches sont actives en entrée...

Pas de solution en vue ?
                        Camille, la solution dont tu parles ci-dessus, c'est l'option via max msp ? il faut posséder MAX pour l'utiliser ? pas possible de l'exporter en standalone ?

Merci pour les précisions...

Comment

Hello, I have a One by Wacom (model CTL-471), but am only getting proximity data on OSCulator. I have just updated all the drivers, my computer is running all the latest software. I am on a MacBook Pro, running Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.1, and OSCulator 3.4.0. Apparently it is a problem with the Wacom drivers. Hasn't there been a fix since 2008?

Comment

Hi Dan,

I believe this tablet is basically like a mouse driver. It’s not a Wacom Tablet that uses the AppleEvents based communication (like the Intuos series).

So, the Wacom driver may be translating the proximity events but not the pointer position... sorry about that.

Best,
                            Camille

Comment

So, it is not going to work, then?
                              If I were to purchase a new tablet for this use, would you still recommend the ones listed on the first post of this topic, or will none of them work? As in, has Wacom "fixed" their drivers to make sure the tablets work with OSCulator?

Comment

Working...
                              X