This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Adapters

Here is a list of bluetooth adapters that I would recommend if your computer doesn't have bluetooth, or if you are looking for a stronger signal :

Wether or not the actual range matches the advertisement, this adapter has a really strong signal (Thanks Erik for the tip!). I know has been used on stage by professional artists, so I guess it is really good. The only downside is that the minimal order quantity is 10 units so it is not really inexpansive, unless you order with others. You will need to restart your computer to activate the dongle, or use the "Bluetooth Explorer" application (found in the Apple's Developer Tools) to change the active adapter without rebooting.
    The AIRcable Host XR3 is the only long-range (10 km-class) Bluetooth® USB "Dongle". It is equipped with an extremely-powerful, highly-sensitive Bluetooth transmitter, can achieve an unparalleled range of up to 30 km! With a 9 dBi omni-directional antenna, the extended range is up to 2 km, and with the 18 dBi directional antenna, it is up to 10 km. Additionally, given its high sensitivity, it can extend the range of weaker Bluetooth devices like cell phones and headsets by hundreds of meters. With most other devices only capable of obtaining a range of 10 meters or less, no other Bluetooth device comes even close. Plus, this long-range Bluetooth transmitter connects to any computer with a Bluetooth connection and can handle virtually any Bluetooth profile available. Uses include standard data, streaming data, headsets communication (like Skype calls), and stereo headphone communication.

Please post your suggestions and experiences here.
    Last edited by camille; 05-13-2013, 10:35 AM.

Does anyone have experience with improving the amount of connectable wiimotes with a bluetooth dongle? I am running mojave on a 2015 Macbook Pro, and am having a difficult time connecting a 6th wiimote.

I have read in other threads, that signal to noise ration might be the problem, but am wondering if a dongle can fix it?

I would like to avoid having to use another computer.

Best regards
    Anders

Comment

Dear Anders,

It's difficult to tell, but at 5 Wiimotes you are already at the limit of what the built-in adapter is capable of handling. I know some had success with external dongles, but bear in mind macOS (and OSCulator) only supports a single bluetooth adapter at a time.

I am sorry not being able to give a more precise answer.

Best,
      Camille

Comment

Dear Camille

Thank you so much for your quick answer. I will try with an external dongle and let you know if I have any success!

best
        Anders

Comment

Does anyone know what the best Bluetooth Adapters on the market are currently? It seems that this list is maybe a bit outdated.

Comment

Working...
          X