Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Yet another Balance Board problem

  1. #1

    Yet another Balance Board problem

    I've read the forums, and found that quite a few people have had the same problem I have now.

    I just bought OSCulator this morning. Everything works fine, except for the Balance Board. It gets recognized properly, and shows up on the Wiimote device list. However, only the button/A element gets registered. The button works properly every time, but I get no other data whatsoever.

    I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting the computer, enabling the 'Perfect Pairing' option on Preferences, disabling it again, rebooting after enabling it and after disabling it... anything I could think of, but got no results.

    I've seen that some balance boards had incompatibility issues, but read that it should have been fixed by now (some of the posts and articles I read are from as far as 2009).

    So, I don't know what to do now. Should I wait for a future release or am I hopelessly stuck?

    In case it helps, my Balance Board's address is 00-1f-c5-ba-44-1f. I bought it some two or three years ago, with the original WiiFit. I hadn't used it for a while, but just checked out if it still works with the Wii, and it does.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Hello,

    Thank you for you for this detailed description of the problem.
    Supporting the WiiFit Balance Board properly has always been difficult.
    The address you provided is in the same range as my own board, so I would guess that they are from the same mileage. I will do some further tests to see if I can reproduce connection error on my own board, and I will keep you posted.

    Unfortunately what supporting this device difficult is that they seems to behave differently one from another, therefore I can not guarantee that I will be able to find a durable fix. Of course with an official reference documentation of the device, it would be easy to spot the problem.

    It would be interesting to know what computer you are using, as this is another factor to consider with regards to Wiimote connection issues. In any case, I do recommend the use of the Perfect Pairing extension, even though it does not seem much needed on recent computers (Mac OS X 10.6).


    Best Regards,
    Cam

  3. #3
    Hi again,

    I'm using a MacBook Pro. The 15", Core i7, 2010 model. I'm running OS X 10.6.7. I also have it upgraded to 8GB RAM.

    I already enabled Perfect Pairing, to no avail. I even disabled it again, rebooted, re-enabled it, re-rebooted, with no results.

    I'd be glad to help in any way I can: trying beta or testing versions, running diagnostics scripts, etc., if that helps you solve the issue. I'm a software developer myself, and I know how ugly these things can go...

  4. #4
    I will contact you by email.

  5. #5
    Hi, I just wanted to know if there were any updates regarding this issue.

  6. #6
    Hi,

    You might want to try the latest beta version, there has been some improvements on the Wiimote connection code. If this does not work for you, I'm afraid I have tried everything possible ... Anyway, please let me know of the results, I'm curious to know if this change will have a positive impact.


    Cheers,
    Cam

    PS: the beta downloads are located in the Beta forum.
    Here is the link to the latest version: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ator-2.11-beta

  7. #7
    I just tried the beta, and it does work. It shows the /wii/1/balance bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right, sum, virtual x and virtual y elements, as well as the button/A that has always worked.

    I did a Quick Look on all of them, and seems to be registering everything properly. The more weight I put on the board, the higher the levels.

    Thanks a lot for this fix.

  8. #8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •