X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Variables

Hi!

I want to do the following thing, but I don´t know how to realize it:

I´ve got the complete FX selection of traktor mapped to buttons that directly change them to the effect i chose.
    For the chained FX (3 slots to get filled) i created a 3 modifier buttons in traktor.
    if button 1 is pressed mod ->1, 2 mod->2, 3 mod->3.
    And when i then press "delay" bank 1, 2 or 3 gets the delay effect.

Thats all working but here´s what i try to do:

I created some labels with TouchOSC to see on my iPad which effect is loaded.
    For the advanced effect it´s no problem because there is only one label and i can assign the effect buttons directly to send out the command "delay" to the label.
    But when i´ve got three labels but only one matrix where the effects are loaded from i´m screwed for now.

I need to do that:

when the buttons for the selection have been pushed a variable must be set to 1, 2 or 3. Depending of which variable is active the Signal shall be sent to label 1, 2 or 3.
    How can i do that?

Thank you!

Just read about Presets.
    Do you think that´s a good way to do that?
    The three buttons activate three presets.
    on each preset the signal will be sent to the specific target.

you agree?

Comment

Hey Ionas,

The preset solution might be fine, but there is a drawback: when you create a preset you must maintain your settings in each presets. That means that if you change one preset, then you are doomed to change them all.

The variable solution is a good idea, unfortunately I have found that there was a bug in the Variable event.

I have uploaded a new beta version with a lot of changes, here: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ull=1#post6447

The Sample Library folder contains an example called "Selective Result" that answers your question using Variables, OSC Routings, and Demultiplexed arguments. I attach the example in this thread as a reference, please bear in mind that it is only compatible with the newest version of OSCulator (2.11-beta8).

Cheers,
      Cam
      Attached Files

Comment

your link is invalid … :-)
        thanks for your reply!

Comment

Are you sure?
          Just tried and it works fine
          Anyway, it's in the Beta section of this forum.

Comment

ok sorry, I thought you were referring to the link in this topic.
            it is fixed now, you can try again.

Comment

There´s one thing I´d love to be fixed:
              I copied every control that shall be working everytime in every preset and I changed only the specific controls.
              I recognized, that when I copied OSC with more than one value (duplicated ones with different values) this won´t be pasted …
              PS: I´ll check out the Beta in the afternoon!

Thank you!

Comment

Hey Ionas,

I just tried to copy a message with duplicated values, and it seems to work for me.
                Would you mind sending me a file that exhibits this problem?
                That would be very useful to me.

Best,
                Cam

Comment

No problem!
                  There you go:

PS: i selected preset 1 (cmd + a) then copied all the marked controls (cmd + c), chose a new preset and pasted them and the duplicated messages were missing …

EDIT: version 2.10.7.1
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for finding this bug!
                    I will correct that and update the beta (which is also affected).

Comment

Don´t thank me!
                      Let me thank you!
                      I don´t know any other developer that values feedback as much as you do and is so fast with fixing bugs!
                      Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                      X