Visual feedback delayed while launch clips on ableton 8 with ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual feedback delayed while launch clips on ableton 8 with ipod

hi camille, first, thanks for this great software, i am also testing with he wiis...

i ,ve been searching for a solution for this for a couple of days and still can not find a fix, i already read that live sends different values when launch , play and looping clips, i already tried to set the max value to 1 but i still have this random feedback issue sometimes touchOSC dont show the clip playing and stays in the square it was playing before...

sometimes, for example, using the beat machine template i can see 2 buttons from the same track in the "playing" position while in live this is impossible obviously,or sometimes is displaying a clip that is not playing.

i am tryng to make a custom controller for my live set up and the launch page its important for me , thanks again for you support and time , if you have any ideas to try i ll be happy to test....

i also losing connection randomly , going out and in on the ipod fix it anyway....

thanks again.

Hi poyodiaz,

i also losing connection randomly , going out and in on the ipod fix it anyway....
    While reading your message all came to think that the connection between your computer and iPod is loose. I would first make it right and see if the problem remains. Are you using a WiFi router? The recommended way to connect the iPod is to use a direct connection through a computer-to-computer network.

Please try this and let me know if that helps.
    There is also a guide to WiFi connectivity with tips here: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...-access-points

Best Regards,
    Cam

Comment

thanks for the fast response ,

I already read that documentation before and tried to find a solution, i am creating a local network without wi fi router from the macbook to the ipod, last night it worked better, i m not sure but it seems to work better with the ac plugged into the macbook, with batteries the connection seems to be less steady.

but again... i lost connection 1 or 2 times in the lapse of 1 and a half hour jamming... and had some clips feedback wrong...but , way much better than before. maybe a problem with Osx 10.6.2 ? on the ipod i have ios 4.2 installed. its a 2gen ipod.

i also deactivated the midi mobilizer and midi core on touchosc, and made my own template.

thanks in advance for your support.

Comment

Hi Poyodiaz,

I would suggest you update your Mac and iPod to the latest system versions.

Also, as I've suggested in the link of my previous post, a wireless connection is not reliable by nature. If you are in an environment with a lot of networks or electrical interferences (lights on stage for example), then you must use a WiFi access point (route) that has a better signal strength than the MacBook's WiFi adapter.

Best Regards,
        Camille

Comment

Working...
        X