Feature Request: Auto Assign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Auto Assign

I would really like to see an auto-assign function incorporated into OSCulator. So as OSCulator detects incoming osc messages it auto-assigns a value (for example: midi/cc1/1, midi/cc2/1, ect.) It would be really cool if it had a menu option where you could specify midicc or note and starting input so you don't overwrite existing controls.

It can just be pretty tedious to manually program each individual message. Especially if your doing a full keyboard map or another complex project. This would allow users to spend less time mapping inside of OSCulator and more time using it to create awesome art.

Thanks!

Hello Doublebee,

It would be very nice to have an automatic MIDI mapping, thank for the suggestion.

In the meantime, if you hold the Alt key (aka Option key) while you choose and item in the Channel or the Value menu (only for some events), the values will be incrementally assigned from starting at the number you chose.

For example you select many rows that have the same MIDI channel. Then you click in the channel menu, hold the Alt key, and click while holding the key on the first channel (1). Then the other messages will be set to channel 2, 3, 4, etc.

This works with MIDI Control Changes but also with MIDI Program Changes.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Awesome, I did not know that. Thanks for the tip. It will save me a considerable amount of time!

Comment

Working...
      X