Griffin PowerMate tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MC242,

Use the /powermate/rotation/bounded message, it emits values that do not wrap around.

OSCulator 3 has support for creating any kind of MIDI message you like with "MIDI Templates". It's a little but more involved than just selecting a MIDI because you have to describe the NRPN with hexadecimal values.

If you wish to know more, please open a new thread and please give information about the NRPN you would like to send a receive, I will write a small tutorial on how to make this happen.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thank you very much for the answer, Camille! I have just updated from El Capitan to Sierra for the latest Logic Pro X version and I'm experimenting now.
      I think I will also try to connect the Powermate with the app DFader which allows to hover the mouse over a parameter and control it with an external midi controller.
      But the NRPN resolution would be a great thing.
      Also there is the OSC protocol which might be even more interesting and far more flexible.
      So maybe I'll open a new thread then naming it Using Griffin Powermate and the Powermate tool to control Logic Pro X.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Michelle.

Comment

camille - I've been using your script for a while under Mojave and it's been running like a dream.

I don't seem to be able to get your script to run on Catalina.

This is the error I get -

Last login: Tue Feb 9 23:27:48 on ttys000

williambrooks@Williams-MBP ~ % /Users/williambrooks/Downloads/oscltr-powermate/oscltr-powermate ; exit;

zsh: bad CPU type in executable: /Users/williambrooks/Downloads/oscltr-powermate/oscltr-powermate

Is there a simple solution to this?

Comment

Dear Bill,

The problem is that macOS Catalina dropped support for 32 bit executable.
          I have compiled a new version of the tool, available here.

Please let me know if it works for you!

Best,
          Camille

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
            Please let me know if it works for you!
            camille - Thank you so much, this works perfectly! I have remote control of my sound card again

Comment

Working...
            X