Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a way to edit message assignments in bulk

Hi Camille et all,
    I have an Ipad with Touch Osc,and Osculator on a macpro.My touchOsc setup has about 20 pages.I would like to be able to re-arrange the pages on the Ipad based on how I want to order them.This is a problem in Osculator.The only way to create assignments in Osculator is to manually define the assignment,and then define it's function(midi cc,key combo etc).I would like you to consider creating a way to bulk copy/paste assignments on a per page way.This would save me hours and hours of time,unless there is a way to do this that I am not aware of at present.
    Another way to say this is-I notice assignments for page one on the Ipad_touchosc defines an input message in Osculator with the name /1/push1 in the message column.This defines push button 1 on page 1 in the ipad.I would like to edit this entry to say /4/push1,making it push button 1 on page 4 in the Ipad.I would like to be able to select a range of input messages,and then change the page value to another page for all the selected input messages in one go.Is this something you would consider?
    I hope I have explained what I am attempting clearly.Please let me know if you need me to be more precise in my text.
    many thanks in advance
    David

Hi dburns,

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion.

The only way to create assignments in Osculator is to manually define the assignment,and then define it's function(midi cc,key combo etc).
    Could you please give details on what you mean by manually define the assignment?
    Maybe I can help on that point.

I would like you to consider creating a way to bulk copy/paste assignments on a per page way.This would save me hours and hours of time,unless there is a way to do this that I am not aware of at present.
    This is not exactly what you are requesting, but here is a great time saver: It is possible to bulk-assign MIDI Control Changes, MIDI Program Changes or any event that is indexed with a number (Keycodes). Select a bunch of messages, assign a MIDI CC event for example, and choose a number in the value column while holding the Option Key pressed. This will increment the selected number for each selected line.

Now, I understand from your message that you have a workflow problem because your have many pages that share the same events. I think this should be solved at the source, meaning that if for example two different buttons (on two pages) need to perform the same event, then they should have the same OSC address. TouchOSC Editor can let you change the OSC address of a control, so instead of having /1/push1 and /4/push1 on two different pages, you can give both your buttons the address /save_the_world (again, that's just an example).

Back to OSCulator, if your message are consistently named, it will be easy to copy and paste the events across Presets, because the right events will be placed on the corresponding addresses.

I'm not sure if there is a simple solution to the problem you are describing, or maybe I did not clearly understand your query. If anything is unclear, please let me know and I'll try to be more specific.

All the best,
    Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,
      Thanks for replying.So it is possible to create an object with a unique osc address in Touchosc,even if it populates numerous pages?Any tips on how best to do this in relation to osculator would be greatly appreciated.I'll also check my Touchosc docs.
      once again thanks
      David

Comment

Ok,figured it out.no need to reply :-)
        david

Comment

Working...
        X