PS3 Dual Shock 3 Sixaxis Button Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Dual Shock 3 Sixaxis Button Combo

I don't know if this is already possible ( if so forgive me ) but I'm wanting to use a PS3 Sixaxis Dual Shock 3 Wireless Controller for Traktor Pro.

First question, does OSCulator support it? ( Or any other software if not )

2nd Question... I plan to use a lot of Modifiers but these get messy in Traktor, so a more simple solution would be button combos... Eg L1+R1 = cc01

Hi Tom,

I can help you on this, as I have an experimental driver for the Sixaxis DualShock 3. Please contact me by email at camille at osculator dot net, and I'll give you further information.

As for the button combination question: you can use the "Enable Combine" event to trigger another event when two buttons are pressed together, but I am not sure if it will be less tedious than Traktor's modifiers. Let's discuss that by email, and you'll tell me what solution you prefer.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Traktor´s modifiers and Midi Mapping possibilities are very tough!
      If you want to try it it´ll be worth it.

in traktor you just have to map modifier 1=1 to L1 and modifier 2=1 to R1 for example than you map cc01 to L1 with "modifier 2 = 1" and cc01 to r1 with "modifier1=1" so you don´t have to push them at the same time (that´s impossible anyway …)
      the same can be done with osculator as camille already advised you.

by the way:

i´m very interested in that sixaxis driver too!
      (i sent you an email)

Comment

Hey all..

Is there any news about using the PS3 Dualshock with OSCulator?

Thanks..

Comment

Hi Paulo,

The HID driver in Mac OS X 10.6 used to be able to initialize most of the PS3 devices, so it was easy to connect them. But this all changed with OS X 10.7 Lion, when it was no longer possible to connect to those devices in a reliable manner. The tests I've made showed that it would be a pain to support this device with OSCulator because of the limitation of the operating system.

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Understood…

What a shame… But do you recommend any device similar? With a wireless connection?
            Even though I was able to easily use a wiimote with OSCulator (which was the MAIN reason I bought this wonderful software), for some uses, the wiimote fall short.

I was able to successfully connect the dual shock with Isadora and control it, but was wondering if I could have it sending keystrokes.

Comment

PS3 Controller is easy to connect to Lion.
              I got it working with these instructions:
              Hey guys!In this video I show you how to connect your PS3 controller to any type of Mac in UNDER 60 SECONDS!!!!11!!1!!!If you found this video useful, make s...

GamePad companion App works with it in Lion.

Comment

I know this method for connecting the PS3 controller, but this unfortunately does not work with all controllers or Mac models (Bluetooth adapters). If that works for you, I would suggest you use an application that knows how to read from HID devices like ControllerMate or junXion.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                  Hi Tom,

I can help you on this, as I have an experimental driver for the Sixaxis DualShock 3. Please contact me by email at camille at osculator dot net, and I'll give you further information.

As for the button combination question: you can use the "Enable Combine" event to trigger another event when two buttons are pressed together, but I am not sure if it will be less tedious than Traktor's modifiers. Let's discuss that by email, and you'll tell me what solution you prefer.

Best,
                  Cam
                  Are there any updates on support for HID controllers? That driver is still available? I'm on mojave and I'm still able to connect the playstation 3 controller with no problem, it would be great to be able to implement it in OSCulator. Thanks Jacopo

Comment

Hi,

is it possible to connect ps4 controller with osculator ? on macOS catalina.
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X