Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have to unplug and replug the nunchuk every few minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to unplug and replug the nunchuk every few minutes.

Hello,

this my first posting, so before i write down my problem - Great program.

I use an Imac (2011, I5, Ati 6970, Lion 10.7.2) with the last version of Osculator. I played around with two Games (Trine 1 from MacAppstore and the Flatout-2-Demo) and experienced repeating problems with the Nunchuk.
    I use original Nintendo-Gear (Wiimote, Motion Plus and Nunchuk) and never had a problem with the initial pairing. But every few minutes the Nunchuk functionally diconnect, which is simply solvable by unplugging and replugging the Nunchuk. When I look at the Osculator-Window the programm says it is still running, but it shows no actions when pressing a button or moving the device.
    The next thing I discovered, is that it seems to happen only, when I emulate an HID-Device. For instance using "Trine" via the Keyboard/Mouse-Emulation worked for over an hour, but using the "Gamepad-Emulation" just for a few minutes. But the last I point, I still try to verify.
    With my Wii every Controller works without a problem. Battery is > 70%.

What could be the next step to figure out the problem? Are the useful Log-Files? Should I try it without the Motion-Plus-Device?

Thank You
    Christian

Just downloaded 2.11.2 today, may be it's more stable now

It's me again.
    I just downloaded Osculator 2.11.2 and didn`t see the error again.

I will try for next days and then I report again.

Stay tuned
    Christian

Comment

I'm sorry I haven't had the time to reply earlier, but thanks for keeping posted on that issue if it remains.

Comment

It happened again....

My problem happened again, strange. Look at the first post.

Is there any useful Information in the Log-Files?

Thanx
        Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

Could it be that you are in an environment where there is a lot of wireless interference? As I often say there are only few reasons why a Wiimote will disconnect:
          1. low battery level,
          2. wireless interference,
          3. low signal because the Wiimote is too far from the bluetooth adapter.
          I think the Wiimote driver is pretty solid, so I am not sure to be able to explain what is happening. If you want to run a more exhaustive test, please contact me by email, and I will send you what you need to run OSCulator with a more detailed log output.

Best Regards,
          Camille

Comment

Working...
          X