Should I buy Osculator? Why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy Osculator? Why ?

I recently started using my iPhone with VDMX and TouchOSC (maybe someday soon I will look into an iPad maybe iPad3, or cheap iPad 1), but I noticed a problem when assigning keys. For instance, I use TouchOSC when I leave my computer and like to play my keyboard as if it is a visual piano while I am at my seat. Unfortunately, I have not been able to assign multiple "keys" in VDMX to one button. Say I use the key "p" to pause my track, if I assign TouchOSC to the pause function it will remove my keyboards ability control this feature. Is this where Osculator will come in handy? Can I assign multiple devices to the same functions? And additionally, will I be able to do the same with the USB Midi controllers that I currently have? (Akai LPD8 & Korg NanoKontrol).

Thanks, your help, will allow me to help.

P.S. I have a WiiRemote that I have yet to get to fully work with VDMX, it syncs, but doesn't do much. This App excites me to the new possibilities.

Hi Cornelius,

You can certainly assign multiple source messages to the same function. OSCulator supports MIDI Input, and you will be able to use them directly, but for this you have to enable the desired physical MIDI inputs in the Parameters Window (I/O tab).

You can try OSCulator for free and for as long as you like by downloading it from the website: http://www.osculator.net/download. The limitation is that it will display a nagging window after 5 minutes of use and then every 20 minutes. I think this is enough to let you learn how to use it.

If you have any other question don't hesitate, I'll be glad to answer.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Working...
    X