Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possibly staggered messages in new update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly staggered messages in new update?

Hey Camille!

this might be hard to explain, but here goes.

I run a setup that has 5 osculator windows running in unison into ableton, along with an APC40.

so for some reason, after the newest update (at least I think that's when it started)
    osculator has been sending some messages more slowly..

the part that I've noticed the change in, is a system in which when I change the channel on my APC/ableton, it sends a message through liveosc to osculator, and then changes to the according page in my touchosc layout...

now this used to be instantaneous, but now it takes 3-7 seconds to get that message out.

and I've noticed it seems to go away when I close a few osculator windows....

it almost feels like the messages being sent from ableton are stacking up and sending in a slower sequence rather than all at once. because I can see some messages going through first, and then the final message makes the page change...

does any of this make sense? I'll try to clarify anything I can.
    thanks!
    z

Hi Zach,

I have not verified yet, but I think I know the reason why this is happening, and I am sorry I did not think it would have caused a problem with multiple windows.
    Do you have any Quick Look window displayed as well?

Best,
    Cam
    Last edited by camille; 12-30-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

OK, so I tried with 10 windows.
      One of them is translating OSC messages from a small wireless keyboard to MIDI notes. I also plugged a couple of Wiimotes with every possible messages in two different windows, and TouchOSC in another one. Finally, I opened 3 Quick Look windows (though I think I should have tried with more.)

I did not notice any problem, the load was obviously higher, but the notes I was playing on the keyboard were consistent and precise.

Now, it may be possible that your problem is rather caused by the network.
      How do you connect your iPhone/iPad to the network?
      Are you using a router or is it a direct WiFi connection to the computer?

If you have not saved your files with the new version, you can still open them in an older version (2.10.7.1 for example).

All the best,
      Cam

Comment

Working...
      X