Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook Trackpad Application

Hi all,

Is there are way of emulating a Macbook Trackpad??

What I am exactly after is the facility to CLICK and DRAG - that is to say hold down the LEFT MOUSE whilst moving the cursor.

I have created a simple MOUSE APP for my IPAD using TOUCHOSC, but can only seem to replicate the actual CLICK and LET-GO of the mouse buttons and can not make them stay depressed.

Any ideas??

Thanks

PHIL
    Attached Files

Hey Phil,

If you want to use the Mouse Relative events, you will need to reset them to 0.5 after the finger is released.

First thing to do is to enabled the so called "Z" messages in TouchOSC.
    Attached is an example of how to create a sort of jog shuttle pad for the mouse.
    It receives events from an X/Y pad, translates them to Mouse Events only when the finger touches the control, and when the finger is lifted, puts the Mouse to rest (by sending a Mouse Relative Move event with a value of 0.5), and resets the X/Y pad in TouchOSC.

I see there could be a much more simple way of doing this if I added a bunch of new Mouse Events. I'll think about this, this is not the first time someone has requested a similar feature before.

Best,
    Cam
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Cam,

As ever - great (and speedy!) advice .......

Would be great if this became an update to MOUSE controls in future versions.

Glad i'm not the only one who might need this

Thanks again

PHIL

Comment

... Can not try at the moment, but does this enable DRAG and DROP?? Its not really a shuttle wheel that I need, it's more a case of moving the CURSOR around and then being able to CLICK and SELECT a window and be able to DRAG it.....

Fingers crossed this is the workaround I have been crying out for !!

Thanks again

PHIL

Comment

Well, if you put a push button and use the event Mouse / Button, you'll surely be able to drag and drop.

Comment

Great !!! Yet again you have made my projects much much easier !!! Thanks

PHIL

Comment

Hi ScaryPuppy,

Would you like to try something ?

I just implemented an easy way to create a trackpad out of any X/Y pad.
              It currently only supports mouse move (no clicks) but behave as the trackpad of a MacBook as you can drag your finger to move the mouse, move it to another location and start again dragging the mouse cursor.

Please send me an email to camille at osculator dot net if interested.

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Very Kind !

Originally posted by camille View Post
                Hi ScaryPuppy,

Would you like to try something ?

I just implemented an easy way to create a trackpad out of any X/Y pad.
                It currently only supports mouse move (no clicks) but behave as the trackpad of a MacBook as you can drag your finger to move the mouse, move it to another location and start again dragging the mouse cursor.

Please send me an email to camille at osculator dot net if interested.

Best,
                Cam
                Hi Camille,

Yes - sure would !!

Am having a few issues still, with emulating a HELD DOWN LEFT BUTTON whilst moving the MOUSE.... I am trying to enable a drag and drop, and it seems to "unselect" when I move the mouse...

All help gladly received

PHIL

Comment

Originally posted by scaryxpuppy View Post
                  Hi Camille,

Yes - sure would !!

Am having a few issues still, with emulating a HELD DOWN LEFT BUTTON whilst moving the MOUSE.... I am trying to enable a drag and drop, and it seems to "unselect" when I move the mouse...

All help gladly received

PHIL
                  Brilliant, Cam

Worked a treat !!

Making my life easier- yet again !!!

Phil

Comment

Hi Cam,

Just wondering if there were plans to MOVE UP TO 2.11.3 soon?

The trackpad useage is a brilliant idea and would certainly make a lot of my applications run a lot smoother...

All news gladly appreciated

PHIL

Originally posted by scaryxpuppy View Post
                    Brilliant, Cam

Worked a treat !!

Making my life easier- yet again !!!

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil!

Since the trackpad related events are new, I can not include that in the 2.11.x series.

There is something I am currently working on that I would like to include in the upcoming 2.12 release.
                      I plan to release that new version two weeks.

In the meantime, you can use the version 2.12-beta5 that is pretty stable I think.

Best,
                      Cam

Comment

Hi,

I realise this is an old thread but was wondering if the xy trackpad method could be used with an encoder instead?

Tried to create the shuttle wheel control shortcut in Protools but just managed to loose control over the mouse.

Absolute mouse sends the cursor from extreme left to extreme right on screen, tried relative and smooth continuos x
                        but not getting it either.

The mac shortcut is option/click/drag.

Any suggestions?

Best
                        ateight

Comment

Hello atheight,

Have you tried Trackpad events with an XY control?
                          You could assign the Option key and Mouse click events to a button control, and use an XY control to change the position of the mouse cursor.

Aboslute and relative mouse move events will not be useful here I guess.

Best,
                          Cam

Comment

Encoder / XY Pad

Hi Camille,

Thanks for replying, I managed to get the encoder to work with a little adjustment to your Mouse Pad.oscd file.

Best,
                            ateight

Originally posted by camille View Post
                            Hello atheight,

Have you tried Trackpad events with an XY control?
                            You could assign the Option key and Mouse click events to a button control, and use an XY control to change the position of the mouse cursor.

Aboslute and relative mouse move events will not be useful here I guess.

Best,
                            Cam

Comment

Working...
                            X