Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular MIDI knob to keyboard combo

Hi,

Can OSCulator be used for transforming incoming MIDI from a regular (non-OSC) MIDI controller — plugged into the USB port (such as the Behringer BCR2000) — into keystrokes, based on the direction of an endless knob's movement? For example, can I send "+" or "PageUp" when I turn a knob to the right and "-" or "PageDown" when I turn it to the left?

Thanks.

Hi Talino,

I think you can easily to do this by selecting the incoming MIDI message and choose Split in the Edit menu.
    This will create two duplicates that correspond to the two "splitted" halves of the knob.
    All you have to do next is assign the Keycode 121 to the "lo" part and Keycode 116 on the "hi" part.

Plase note that by default OSCulator does not repeat keys like on a regular keyboard, so if you keep the know turned in one direction, the keycode will not be repeated, you wil have to rearm the know to retrigger the keycode again.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

I forgot to mention that in order to receive MIDI from the Behringer USB port, you have to activate it. Go in the Parameters Window, then open the I/O tab and select a physical MIDI input.

Comment

Thank you. Doesn't really solve the problem here because since the keys don't repeat, I can't assign a "continuous action" to either side of the knob-twist. But this is also a limitation of the hardware, I think, since you stop at either 127 or 0... I'll try something else

Cheers.

Comment

You can make the keys repeat.
          You have to active a hidden preference for this:

I might well turn this into a more "user-friendly" preference in the future.

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Working...
          X