Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Balance Board As A MIDI Controller For Logic

Hi everyone,

Im trying to use a balance board to control 2 MIDI notes within a sampler in Logic. But i cannot route them together correctly.. There is no MIDI input from OSCulator what so ever.

Thanks,
    Sam

Hi Sam,

Logic grabs MIDI from any port available, therefore if OSCulator and Logic are launched together, there is nothing to do to let them communicate together. Have you checked that MIDI notes were triggered? You can also triggers you notes manually by clicking with the mouse on the activity monitor (the square yellow/green display in the main window).

Best,
    Cam

Comment

For some reason logic doesn't register any MIDI information at all.. Will i need the purchased version to be able to do it? Im only testing for university so once I get it to work, I will be purchasing. But yeah, nothing is coming into Logic at all.. iv tried everything i can think of. Any idea?

Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,

The demo version is only limited in the fact that processing is stopped after 5 minutes first and then every 20 minutes. No feature is suppressed.

Have you configured any MIDI events ?
        After the Balance Board is connected, you must tell what you want to do with the BB messages. For example assign a MIDI CC (Control Change) event to make it useful.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Ok cool,

Basically i wanted the left back and right back to trigger two midi notes. I set it to Event type to Midi Note and Value as C2 & D2. I also setup the output parameters onto 'OSCulatlor Out' but still nothing :\

Comment

Have you checked that MIDI notes were triggered? You can also triggers you notes manually by clicking with the mouse on the activity monitor (the square yellow/green display in the main window).

Comment

I havnt got a balance board with me but ill try it with the program now and let you know..

Comment

No, nothing is coming into logic at all :\

Comment

Please try to assign a MIDI Note event and click on the activity monitor.
                  Is that what you have done ?

I need more detail to understand the problem.
                  Could you please try the (free) application MIDI Monitor?
                  Also, I would need a screenshot or the file of your configuration to see how it is configured. You can attach files right into this thread by going in the Advanced Reply Mode.

I almost sure that the threshold for MIDI Note is too low to trigger anything.

Comment

Here you go Camille, I hope it helps.. As you can see the activity is from me pressing the box to trigger the notes..

Screen Shot 2012-01-25 at 16.54.52.jpg

Comment

Thank you Sam
                      But now I need you to click the little square right next to the checkboxes to manually trigger a MIDI Note and see if it sends a note to the MIDI Monitor application.

Comment

Yes picks it up in MIDI Monitor.. is it my DAW that could be the fault do you think?

Comment

That is great news. Because now we know where the communication is failing.
                          Have you by any chance changed the default Environment?

I just checked again on my side, and I can confirm that there is normally no MIDI setup needed with Logic Studio (9.1.6).
                          There is a MIDI Monitor in Logic's transport bar, is there any activity?

Comment

No nothing at all, thats what iv been checking most of the time. Iv also tried to reroute the environment to read OSC as an external MIDI source but no luck at all

Comment

Working...
                            X