Newbie to OSCULATOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, just ipad

It was set to (TouchOSC), I changed it to (OSCULATOR) and it seemed to work then in terms of going green again rather than red

Comment

That is not correct.
      The OSC Routing goes from OSCulator to TouchOSC, therefore it was correctly set to TouchOSC.
      Even though the light goes green, you are creating an infinite loop.

Comment

Ok so i changed back and its back to normal again, it shines up in green this time though, but no interaction with iPad

Comment

Camille, I was thinking - Would it be better for me to send you my .tsi / osc file etc for you to have a look, then you can send back the correct version? Im beginning to think maybe it is a problem to do with network or some setting?

Comment

OK!

So I think I understand why it worked for me and not for you:
            For some reason your TouchOSC template contained two pages with the same name. First page is named "2" and second page is "2" as well. It seems to confuse TouchOSC when automatic OSC address is enabled. Also, I found some control with weird names like "/2/play3", which is not an automatic naming, it should be "2/toggle3" or something, but anyways.

Here is the fixed TouchOSC layout (fixed page names), TSI file (changed interaction mode fron Toggle to Direct since you are using a Toggle button in your layout, if it was a push button which I recommend, it should have been the default value, namely Toggle), and the fixed OSCulator file that does not use the /z message to change the state of the button.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the first time I tried your layout, I must have been lucky regarding the page name issue. For me, this is a bug in TouchOSC that it should properly route message to controls regardless of the selected page...
            Attached Files

Comment

Camille! It works! You are a genius!
              When I replicated your settings and changed the page number it seemed to work! Thank you so much!

Now one last question before I stop annoying you finally hehe.. If I press play on traktor or even via ipad, it launches as commanded, but sometimes there is a delay in the time it takes to respond to the command. this is generally only happening when i press play on traktor and I want it to show up on ipad.. sometimes when I hit stop on traktor it takes an extra 2/3 seconds to click off on ipad.. No biggie, just thought maybe you would know - maybe its a network thing?

Comment

I know there is a bit of delay, but on my side it is almost instantaneous.
                I don't know what could be causing this appart as you said from a networking problem.
                When you see some delay, is the iPad connected with an ad-hoc (computer to computer) WiFi network?

Comment

yeah i only use ad-hoc for my connection.. its strange as 8 times out of 10 it would be fine but then there would be some delay.. usually after 2 or 3 seconds it will kick in? I think it is a connection problem my end though as i just tried again and it worked every attempt.. Anyway thanks again Camille!
                  Reuben

Comment

Working...
                  X