No announcement yet.

Newbie to OSCULATOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok perfect. So I have say.. a Play button, mapped on Traktor - I have it successfully setup to the play assignment on Traktor, but I want to have it so, for example if I press play on Traktor not the iPad - The iPad will also react to Traktor settings.
    Thanks!
    R

Comment

OK, here's how I would do (I used the Beatmachine layout in TouchOSC to illustrate the example):
      • In OSCulator, assign a MIDI CC 10 event to the message /1/push7.
      • In Traktor add a In mapping "Transport -> Play/Pause".
      • Click on "Learn" and press the button in TouchOSC.
      • Click again on "Learn" to turn off learning mode.
      • Change Interaction to Toggle.
      • Now, add a Out mapping, again, "Transport -> Play/Pause".
      • You have to configure it manually this time (remember: MIDI CC 10)
      • That's all folks.
      Please have a look at the oscd and tsi files.
      And the obligatory screenshot:

Traktor config example.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by camille; 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Camille - I followed every step above but yet it still will not work. It works from ipad to traktor - but the button wont display movement when i go from traktor - ipad !

Comment

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea why it is not working.
          A last thing: check that you iPad well recognized as the default OSC target like this (in the Parameters Window):
          default target.png

Comment

Yes it seems to be OK that end, I really dont know why this wont work. I keep following all the steps but still doesnt seem to work for some reason :--(

Comment

Ahhh, that's too bad.
              Please send me your oscd file, TouchOSC layout and TSI file (export Traktor's mappings) to camille at osculator dot net and I'll have a proper look. Thanks!

Comment

Done, thank you!

Comment

Got it !

You control the Play/Pause Traktor widget using MIDI CC 8/16 from the message /2/play3/z.
                  Therfore, OSCulator synchronizes back the received MIDI CC 8/16 back to the iPad with the message /2/play3/z. This is wrong, since the /.../z messages are not assignable.

The solution is:
                  1. change the Play/Pause state from the button's state (/2/play3, not /2/play3/z).
                  2. use a push button instead of a toggle, I don't believe it is needed, since the Play/Pause state is transmitted back to the iPad when Traktor starts playing or pauses the deck.

Best,
                  Cam

Comment

Hi Cam, Sadly and frustratingly this is not still working - i am on the verge of giving up on it

I changed the midi mapping in Play/Pause (both in and out mappings) to MIDI CC 007 (/2/play3) rather than MIDI CC 008 (/2/play3/z).. /midi/cc7/16 now is set to /2/play3 rather than /2/play3/z as before..
                    I changed the button interaction mode from toggle to hold (also tried direct)
                    Play/Pause OUT is now set to 007 also

Yet still not a blip from the iPad when I click the Play/Pause button on Traktor.

:------(

Comment

Id also like to add, when I press play, midi/cc7/16 in osculator lights up in red, so it seems to know its getting a somewhere?

Comment

Reuben, I'm really sorry but I can certify the solution above works. Is there a particular reason why you change the interaction mode in Traktor?
                        Do you want me to send you back the version that works?

Again sorry, I wished it was easier to explain.
                        This is normally easy to setup.
                        Last edited by camille; 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk View Post
                          Id also like to add, when I press play, midi/cc7/16 in osculator lights up in red, so it seems to know its getting a somewhere?
                          That means that OSCulator is not able to find your iPad on the network. This is usually related to a temporary problem with Bonjour (the automatic network configuration system) that is easily solved by rebooting the iPd and / or the computer. It can also originate from a bad WiFi router, but you said you were using an ad-hoc connection.

I am sure you are close to the solution.

Comment

Hi Camille, that would be great if you could send me the version that works for me to test!
                            Thanks
                            Reuben

Comment

Ok so I got in the green by changing the hostort on OSC routing, it seemed to be selecting the wrong one.
                              So the midi/cc7/16 ligts up green aswell as /2/push3 in osculator when I press Play on Traktor, but yet iPad does not light up the play button / stop to indicate if it is playing or stopped

Comment

You should not need to change the host / port configuration, only the Default Target.
                                Do you have many devices on the network that publish a OSC service?

Comment

Working...
                                X