Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LoopSpeed Modulation (Ableton + Osculator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoopSpeed Modulation (Ableton + Osculator)

Hello, I am currently trying to figure out the best way to (1) modulate two midi values in unision and (2) modulate their distance from eachother, while keeping track of their values in relation to eachother.

I am using ableton live, with gladiator vst. There are two midi sliders that control separate loop speed values. With one of the physical knobs on my controller, I would like to be able to modulate their loopseeds. The second knob would separate the two loopspeed values.

EX:

Knob 1:
    min = firstloopspeed 1, max = firstloopspeed 100
    min = secondloopspeed 1, max = secondloopspeed 100

Knob 2:
    min = firstloopspeed (value determined by knob 1), max = firstloopspeed 100
    min = secondloopspeed (value determined by knob 1), max = secondloopspeed 1

If at any loopspeed, I choose to use knob 2, I would hear the loops offset. I would be able to bring them back to unision by setting knob 2 back to its starting position. I would also be able to use knob 1 increasing their loopseeds, while keeping their relative loopspeed difference.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to acheive this? Does this kind of procedure involve a continuous feed of midi going back from ableton/gladiator to osculator (midi input on osculator)? Thanks guys

Hi Samelot,

Unfortunately, you can not do this with OSCulator. This is the first I have a question about setting the minimum range of a message from the value of another message. I'll keep this as a suggestion for future development.

What other solutions do we have?
    I've tried using Macros in Live, but like OSCulator you can not map their range.
    The only solution I see here would be to create a simple patch in PureData or Bidule.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Working...
    X