Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolume Arena + Ocsculator in midi

Hi all,

I have recently started VJing with resolume arena and i'm loving the experience!
    I am total beginner when it comes to the of VJing and especially MIDI.

I'm currently using my Ipad with TouchOSC to control Resolume. After a lot of reading (especially here), I managed to figure out how to control resolume using TouchOSC and Osculator. But I have only figured out how to configure buttons.
    Let me explain as I probably don't use the correct terminology.

In resolume I have managed to configure everything such as changing decks, layers and buttons that only need to be pressed once. In Osculator i used the Midi CC in Event Type and chose the appropriate channel and value.

However, I cant seem to to get button such as volume, fader... (those that need sliding) to work.

Which setting in Osculator do I have to use for such controls.

As I said, I'm a totally beginner in this world so if its possible try to keep the explanation as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance for help.

SpooksJB

Hi SpooksJB,

I have read the Resolume Avenue manual section about MIDI mapping, and they don't mention anything special about faders or knobs. I believe it would works well with MIDI Control Changes (CC).

From https://docs.google.com/View?id=dfx7c2hn_124g8hq72ct :

MIDI also supports sliders and dials (called Continuous Controllers) which give you more control over numerical values.
    I am sorry not being able to help further. As I don't own this software, I can't explain the reason why it does not work for you. I would suggest you ask the resolume support team for more information about this issue.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,

Thank you very much for your reply!
      I'll check with resolume and see what they can suggest.

I'll be definitely donating towards Osculator as you're support is quick and a very handy little tool.

Thanks again,

Jake

Comment

Much appreciated Jake, I'll be happy to assist you if you have any other question.

Comment

Working...
        X