Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OSCulator version and QuicKeys problem

Hi Camille,

I've used OSCulator in conjunction with TouchOSC since the original iPad came out. It's been a tremendous help to me, allowing me to speed up my work flow considerably in both Cubase and Sibelius. One of the ways I use OSCulator is to send triggers to QuicKeys, which then runs macros for both Cubase and Sibelius. All worked brilliantly until yesterday.....

I updated to the newest version of OSCulator (2.11.2.2) and all of a sudden QuicKeys was no longer able to receive triggers from OSCulator. However, any direct commands from OSCulator to Cubase and Sibelius still work. I'm wondering if there's something in the new version that has broken the connection between OSCulator and QuicKeys. I tried to roll back to previous versions of OSCulator to no avail.

I noticed one thing that I'm wondering about: I see that OSCulator is now Lion compatible, but QuicKeys is still not Lion compatible. Might there be some kind of a conflict there?

I'd be happy to be able to get back to where I was before yesterday if you have any suggestions for achieving that (of course I have TimeMachine set to back up other drives but not this one lol!).

Again, thanks so much for this wonderful software!

Dave Metzger

Dear Dave,

Do you know by any chance what was the previous version of OSCulator you used when it was working? I have checked the changes made to the Key related events, and I see the method for generating Key events has not really changed for a while (you send key combos to QuicKeys, is that correct?). FYI, the changes made for Lion compatibility are mostly Wiimote related changes.

I will make a test with QuicKeys on my computer (I am still using Snow Leopard on my work machine). Also, it would be very useful if you could share your OSCulator file with me. Please send me an email to camille at osculator dot net and I will see if there is a bug with the new version.

Thank you very much!

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Thanks for your quick reply . I don't know for sure what the last version of OSCulator that was working for me, but I believe it was in the 2.10 range. I'm also actually still running Snow Leopard on this machine - sorry for making it sound like I was on Lion (I only meant to state that QK is not Lion compatible - sounds like this isn't the issue however).

I also found that I'm able to trigger QK by sending MIDI cc commands from OSCulator, but unfortunately that would mean a lot of reprograming that I'd just as soon not do (you'll see when you get my OSCulator file). Your assumption that I'm using key combos is correct.

My OSCulator file will be arriving shortly.

Thanks again for you help!

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I received your file and tried QuicKeys (very nice application !).
        In the Parameters Window, Key Combo tab, you have selected "Finder" as the default target. To solve the problem, set the default target to "Frontmost Application". At least from my tests, that is what made QuicKeys work for me.

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Your suggestion did the trick - brilliant! I hadn't seen the "Frontmost Application" option before. I'm surprised that I hadn't run across this problem before this, as everything had been working without problem up to now. Regardless, I'm most appreciative of your help.

Thanks again,

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X