Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinect, synapse & osculator

Hi,
    I am using Synapse to get OSC values from the Kinect sensor to Osculator. Synapse sends on ports 12345 or 12347. OSCulator receives well, and lists the messages I have attached. I would like to rout these to get a skeleton in Isadora (listens on localhost:1234). How do I program OSCulator to send x,y,z values for each joint to Isadora? Could someone just explain the principle for one joint, so I can start the skeleton?
    Thanks!
    StephanSynapse-to-Osculator.jpg

If someone is interested in Kinect, check the Synapse app here: http://synapsekinect.tumblr.com/

Comment

Hi Stephan,
      • In OSCulator open the Parameters Window, and go to the OSC tab.
      • In the table at the top (OSC Targets), choose a slot that is empty and not the default target (for example slot number 2) and type localhost:1234. You can also write "Isadora" in the memo field. This defines Isadora at an OSC target.
      • In table at the bottom, click the + button to add a routing and set the newly created routing's target slot to 2. This create a routing event that you can use to send OSC messages to Isadora.
      • Close the Parameters Window.

In the main list, for each message you want to route, select the event type "OSC Routing" and set the value to the OSC routing you just created.

For an example, you can have a look at the file Wiimote to Max in the folder OSCulator ƒ/Samples Library/Wiimote/Cycling '74 Max/.

This describes how to route your messages to Isadora, now it's up to you to use it in Isadora!

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Working...
      X