Sending Consecutive Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Consecutive Messages

In my keyboard, when I press a button, often I can see (using MIDI Monitor for OSX) there are two separate messages being sent 0.001 seconds apart.

20:31:27.219 From YAMAHA UX16 Port1 Control 1 $62 $1A
    20:31:27.220 From YAMAHA UX16 Port1 Control 1 $06 $02

The first message is selecting the NRPN bank, and the second is setting the actual parameter value. I tried duplicating those messages by sending them to the keyboard myself in a raw midi message. However, this doesn't work because according to MIDI Monitor, Osculator is sending the messages at exactly the same time. Is there a way to cause a delay from one message to another?

Thanks.

-Thanks also for the support on the forum. I've only owned the software for around 3 days, but it's been really great to be able to communicate with the developer directly, Camille!

Hi Aaron!

I am sorry to insist, but please don't use the Raw MIDI event, I can not give you support on this. It is not present in the 2.12-beta5 build. As soon as I have time to work again on this aspect, I will send you the new builds so we can discuss the features you need.

About the issue you are describing: There must be something different in the messages you are sending from OSCulator and the messages your keyboard is sending.

Adding a 1 ms delay would not make a difference because what is important is the order of the messages. Image this situation: the timestamp you read on each message does not tell you about the sub-millisecond part, so: 220.0 - 219.9 = 0.1 ms, which is not 1 ms!

Best,
    Cam

PS: it is important for me to keep the contact with the people that actually use my software. My usage of OSCulator is biased since I wrote it, therefore I need to know how it is used. By the way speaking of the users community, I've set up a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/oscltr, better suited to informal chatting.

Comment

Sorry...guess I've just been too anxious to make my ideas a reality with this software...I look forward to a full-featured MIDI raw interface at some point!

Till then, I'll try and focus on other areas.

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
      X