Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSC "dictionary" of Ableton Live

Hi everybody,

maybe it's a stupid question but... something is missing to me...

I want to control Ableton Live with Touch osc and ipad..

i build my layout in Touch osc editor... tranfer it in my ipad.... open osculator.

everything works fine, if i press a button in my layout, for example, and osculator receive all at best....

but how can teach to Live that he fader1 i created must control the volume of track one? and the toogle1 i created is for solo mode?

i don't want convert osc message in midi message, i would like to send osc from my ipad, use them in live and use osc feedback message from live to my ipad...

so the question is: does a "vocabulary" of osc message in live exist?

when i see this window:

Schermata 2012-03-18 a 11.31.34.png

how can i know what i can write inside it?

thanks!

Hi zerododo,

but how can teach to Live that he fader1 i created must control the volume of track one? and the toogle1 i created is for solo mode?

The easiest way to do that is to map it using MIDI control changes or MIDI notes. You could build your OSC dictionary by creating "template" Live and OSCulator files that you reuse with all the different layouts that you create. Only the OSC messages would stay the same.

i don't want convert osc message in midi message, i would like to send osc from my ipad, use them in live and use osc feedback message from live to my ipad...
    There is no easy way of doing this, however you can try the LiveOSC API:

Don't forget to read the OSCulator manual, that has a lot info about OSC:

(you will want to have a look at the first chapter and "OSC Routing" chapter).

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X