Creating Midi out to light LEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like debugging a sattelite in outer space from my computer

So, the reason why this behavior happens is because the "MIDI Note w/ Params" event was made for monophonic notes (for example, to play notes easily with a Wiimote). Here we want something that is polyphonic in some sense. That is easy to fix: duplicate the pitch argument (select it then press Command-D or choose Edit->Duplicate). Now on the duplicated argument select the event type "Note Params" and choose as the value "Voice".

Using the Voice parameter this way will help us track the on-off states individually for each pitch.
    Please let me know if that works.

Comment

Thank you!

It works!

Quick question though, Is there a way (via a script or 'Manually Create Message') that I can manually send a 'note on' to all possible notes on the K2?
      Right now, I have to press each and every button, if I want them to stay on.

If it can't be done, then it's not a a huge issue....

Comment

Excellent, I will send you a preconfigured oscd file to make the full reset asap.

Comment

Thanks!

Here's my current file:

K2 V2.oscd

Comment

Here is a modified version of your file that has a /reset message that will send a note to all possible MIDI notes on channel 15. It is not very elegant but does the job.

Here is what I did:
            - first I manually created a /reset message and changed its output min and max to 1.0 (so the trigger always produces a note-on).
            - then I duplicated this message 127 times. This was done quickly by selecting all the already duplicated messages and then duplicate them again.
            - I selected all of those duplicates and assigned a MIDI Note event, then selected the lower note value by holding the Option key so all the notes are selected incrementally.
            - I then changed the channel to be 15 to match the channel used by your controller.

At this point if you click on the activity monitor of the /reset message (you must click on the first argument, that is. the activity monitor for the argument 0), it will send all midi note-on.

I also added a OSC routing to the /reset message so you can assign this message to a button of your controller. I picked a random message received from MIDI and assign the OSC routing to it for the sake of the demonstration, feel free to remove this mapping and use it on the button you like.

Best,
            Cam
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

The OSC rest command via button doesn't seem to work, but it's not a huge deal, I can activate it from the activity monitor.

btw: There are alot of people like me using Serato that would love to light up their APC40s and whatnot, it might be worthwhile adding this as a GUI feature or maybe a tutorial for other people.... :P

Comment

Working...
              X