increase base velocity for drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increase base velocity for drums?

So I just set up my drums with the included sample file, it seems to be working alright for the most part (Band Hero drums in case it matters)

The velocity works, but the only problem is the starting velocity is SO LOW. Is there a way I can raise the base velocity or something?

Everytime I hit a drum its so quiet, I can barely hear it and if I play it louder, it only gets to a normal volume. I want it to go from kinda soft=>normal=>loud

Also, I can't seem to get the cymbal pads to register multiple hits. Say I want a really fast hi-hat beat, it doesn't register any of the notes.

Thanks for any and all help

Hi Phinael,

What software are you using the drums with?
    It might be possible to improve the velocity curve for the drums, but I fear it will be hard to do better than this for the hi hats, remember it was made for a game, and is not meant to compete with a ddrum

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Yeah I realize I'm working with limited hardware....I got this one for just 20bucks off craigslist so I can't complain much

I've been using garageband to test it but I plan on using it heavily in Logic Pro

I was testing it last night so I was trying not to be too loud, after using it in the daytime and hitting louder it seems to respond better

Comment

I just realized that you could easily tweak the velocity response by editing the scalings...

So, if you switch to the Scalings page (Command-F), locate the message that send the velocity information for the pad you're interested in, and modify the Output Min setting to something higher until you find a satisfying value.

Comment

Thanks alot! That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to try it when I get home.
          I have another question you may or, may not be able to help with me with. The pedal that came with my set was all fucked up and didn't work, I tried an older rock band pedal and it worked but it had a nasty delay,.I'm stuck with that unless I get a newer, pedal, is.that right?

Comment

Sounds weird, the pedal is handled like other sensors, so I can't tell you what is exactly wron, sorry!

Comment

Working...
            X