Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving objets in TouchOSC

Hey,

Moving an object in TouchOSC with OSCulator is quite simple.

button1 -> osc routing -> button2/position/x argument (100,200)

The button2 will pop up in one side and in the another

So far so good. But, Is it possible to visually show the movement? I mean, see when it slides from one point to another.

I tried with arguments such as [100-200] in a fader and things like that, but without success.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Axel

Hello Axel!

I have no idea how you could do that in TouchOSC. It does not support animations, and OSCulator can not trigger messages from a timer...

I think this could be a nice feature request for TouchOSC.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hey Camille,

Look at this: http://youtu.be/O3BzXmbXmck

In the facebook page the TouchOSC guy said: "This has been possible since v1.7.3 btw"
      and in the youtube comment "I sent position values to TouchOSC from Processing and OscP5."

What do you think?

Thanks!

edit: maybe the time of movement can be done with a fader or rotary for example.
      Last edited by evenfloyd; 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Fun !
        The answer is in the comment: the animation is made from OSC messages programmed in Processing.
        What do you mean by "the time of movement"?

Comment

You could use a fader as the "time message", like a regular scrolling bar. When I move up the fader the button goes down and vice versa. And the speed of movement is determined by the speed of my finger moving the fader.

I made this splitting the fader in different messages and each message assigned to the position of an objet.

But I was wondering if this can be done in a simpler way, something like 0 to 127 (in a fader) = y 100 to 200 (in another objet) for example.

I have another question (I promise this is the last one xD)

I have 8 pages in TouchOSC and 8 presets OSCulator per page. In each one I have a button that sends a message to 0 via localhost to all objects on each page (something like an "switch off" per page). So far so good.
          Now, on the first page I want to assign a button to send a message to 0 via localhost to every "switch off" in all pages. (something like a "master switch off") So, I did it in the same way as the others, but doesn't work.
          You can't send this kind of messages through presets?

Sorry about the length of the message and I hope I explained well with my poor English.

All the best
          Axel

Last edited by evenfloyd; 04-22-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Hi Axel,

I am really sorry but I don't see a solution to your question other than resetting every controls from the preset that is calling the reset message.

Cam

Comment

Working...
            X