Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TouchOSC for Cubase and ProTools

Hey All - I'm real new to TouchOSC, but so far it's great. Trying to get a handle on how to edit controls, specifically for controlling Pro Tools. I have the .touchosc file downloaded but the ProTools tab doesn;t control anything within ProTools. Can someone point me in the right direction for getting this template to control ProTools?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I am waiting to receive my iLok key to activate Pro-Tools, it should be early next week.
    In the meantime could you please tell me if you have checked in Pro-Tools the MIDI settings?
    I believe you have to enable Pro-Tools MIDI input for use with OSCulator's MIDI output.

Best,
    Camille

Is anyone succeed to move the faders ? I've installed the cubase/protools template, I've configured inside protools the midi section and I've added a HUI peripheral.
    All the shortcut are working on the protools page but no fader moves on screen even when I try to make some automation.
    I'm on PT10.3.10 with touchosc 1.9.7 and osculator.

I'm not sure, but I think some kind of intermediate program would need to interpret the MIDI from TouchOSC and package it in to a HUI emulation.

Schlossax might be able to explain what they did to make it work.

You could control MIDI channels in ProTools by sending the volume/pan/etc values to the relevant channel/CC number and putting the MIDI channel in to record, but that's not as cool..

J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12