No announcement yet.

OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovering the usefulness of this plug-in now!

Did Logic X change/break any of the plug-ins functionality/behaviours (as you developed it with Logic 9 and OSCulator 2?)
    And does the dictionary included in the bundle work with OSCulator 3 as it did with OSCulator 2?

Also, should plug-in related questions be posted here or in the General section?
    Last edited by clik; 03-30-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I am trying to use this plugin with Osculator in Logic Pro X. I have installed the plugin and in Osculator setup routes for /Logic/Mixer/Track/1/Focus etc.

The aim to be able to switch Page/Tab in TouchOSC according to the track in focus. It kind of works.

Two issues:

1. Tracks 1-8 work fine going up, but going back down it seems to get out of sequence and will not go back to Track 1.
      2. There is no way to go beyond 8 tracks, I can create more assignments in Logic by copying and pasting and changing them manually but any Tabs over 8 seem to start at Tab 5.

TouchOSC can have up to 25 Tabs, but I have no way to access any beyond 8 and its buggy.

Any ideas? I have attached screen shots.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 20.49.53.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-30 at 20.49.21.png

Comment

One theory is that the routes are not right. I notice that when I change tracks say from 1 to 2, one indicator flashes in the Osculator window (the little square box). However when I go backwards say from 2 to 1, both 2 and 1 boxes flash (in this example). If I manually click the boxes in the Osculator route window outside of Logic they correctly shuttle up and down.

Does it need some kind of argument to filter out the message that seems to be sending for the previously selected track?

Still not sure what to do about the tracks outside 1-8, but maybe once the above is fixed banking might work right?

Comment

Hi clik,

I would advise you create a separate thread if you have specific questions.

The plugin works great with Logic X, and the dictionary with OSCulator 3 as well.

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

I just discovered OSCulator and your Logic Plug-in and got a question regarding it.
            I would like to connect my Behringer X32 to Logic X and use the whole capabilities of the board (not just 8 faders on the right side via Mackie protocol).

For now I managed to connect the first 8 faders of the board to Logic X - that works pretty well. :-)
            But I cannot find a way to connect fader 9 to 32 while using the Logic Plug-in. Is there a way to expand the controller configuration in Logic (e.g. copy one of the level items and tell it not to send OSC message "/logic/mixer/track/8/level" but "/logic/mixer/track/9/level")? Or would it be possible to update the Plug-in to allow the use of more than 8 channels?

Best,
            torsten

Comment

Hi all,

New forum member here. I can confirm that this plug-in is sadly not working with Logic 10.5.1, giving an "unable to validate developer" message on start-up. Is there any chance we might see an update soon?

Thanks!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dandandaaan View Post
                Hi all,

New forum member here. I can confirm that this plug-in is sadly not working with Logic 10.5.1, giving an "unable to validate developer" message on start-up. Is there any chance we might see an update soon?

Thanks!

Dan
                I can also confirm this

Christopher

[UPDATE] Installed the bundle into the Logic Pro X App again (Contents > PlugIns > MIDI Device Plug-Ins) and it showed up in Logic
                Last edited by Shad0wLandsUK; 08-17-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Hello Cam,

Does this plug work with the latests version of Logic Pro X? I'm currently unable to communicate with Logic when triggering these commands in osc

Comment

Hi Calvin,

As long as OSCulator receives a bunch of messages starting with /logic, that means it works. I expect the plug-in to work, but there may be a security alert of newer macOS versions that you may dismiss.

Yesterday, I released a new build of the plug-in that fixes the security alert, and is compatible with Logic Pro 10.16 and newer. Maybe you could try it, but I can’t tell for sure if it is compatible with Logic Pro X.

Best,
                    Camille

Comment

Thank you for being so responsive. Do I have to configure anything in logic for this work. Like set up a midi setting or will this automatically work when sending the osc message? Is there port for Logic I need to use?

Comment

Hi Cam!

Disregard my previous post. I am now successfully using your osc software to connect with TouchOSC and Logic Pro x.

I do have a new question though. I’m trying to create record enabled buttons for tracks 1-8 but there doesn’t seem to be an osc message being produced when I toggle the enable record on a specific track. Is there a plug in I’m missing from your created plugins?

i see there is a stand alone record enable when on a selected track , but I’m trying to create a TouchOSC button that turns on record enabling for a specific track. As a made up example: /logic/mixer/track/1/record-enable to /2/record-enable1 and vice versa.

any help on being able to produce this would be amazing. Again I’m wanting to make it so I can see in TouchOSC when a specific track is record enabled.

Comment

Hi Calvin,

The message /logic/mixer/track/1/status should switch between "sel" and "R" depending if the track is record enabled. I'm not sure why it does not work that way, please let me have a closer look.

Best,
                          Cam

Comment

I will try that out. I’m sure that’s what I was doing wrong. Thank you so much for the help.

Comment

Oh I see what you are saying. It should switch to record enable, but for some reason for you it isn't working either.
                              I hope you are able to figure it out. That is the one thing I'm missing with my Logic Pro X TouchOSC template I made. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Comment

?Hello i'm new here
                                i'm tryng to use my x32 as a control surface to control Logic x
                                i'm able to send OSC message from the x32 to Logic x and able to receive OSC messange back from Logic x to the x32?
                                the problem is th?at i have some kind of feedback loop so when i assign a fader through the control assignement in logic the fader does not move correctly?
                                how can i solve this problem?
                                Thanks
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X