Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 way communication

hi !

i'm trying to get an old Yamaha 03D to work wirelessly with an ipad2 . A can control the mixer from the ipad
    but i cant get the ipad to respond to what i do on the mixer. Do i need have to documents open at the same time ?

One for the ipad --> 03d communication and one for the 03d --> ipad communication ?

thanks in advance

// Magnus

Hi Magnus!

Are you able to see if OSCulator received MIDI messages?
    You can tell by looking if there are messages starting by /midi in the list.

If you have no /midi message, that means that OSCulator does not receive the MIDI, so most probably you will need to configure the MIDI input. For this, open the Parameters window, go to I/O and select a physical MIDI input from the first dropdown menu.

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi !

yes, the osculator recives midi CC's from the desk. By opening two separate document i now have on document for ipad -> osculator ->mixer
      and other for mixer -> osculator -> ipad. I now i see in TouchOs on the ipad that it is reciving but the faders are not moving.

// magnus

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Magnus!

Are you able to see if OSCulator received MIDI messages?
      You can tell by looking if there are messages starting by /midi in the list.

If you have no /midi message, that means that OSCulator does not receive the MIDI, so most probably you will need to configure the MIDI input. For this, open the Parameters window, go to I/O and select a physical MIDI input from the first dropdown menu.

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

You must not use two separate documents, OSCulator will be unable to route MIDI messages back to the mixer.

Comment

okey,

how do i set upp OsCulator correctly ?

i've attached 2 pix of the osculator + the i/p setup . . i can se the ipad i reciveing . But i doesnt move the faders

// Magnus

Originally posted by camille View Post
          You must not use two separate documents, OSCulator will be unable to route MIDI messages back to the mixer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Magnus,

Feedback mapping (aka backmapping) is done automatically, you don't need to doany particular configuration.

In your case it appears that OSCulator did receive MIDI message before knowing how to map those messages back to TouchOSC. Therefore, you will have to delete those messages starting with /midi and let OSCulator recreate the backmappings.

Best Regards,
            Camille

Comment

Hi, Could someone tell me how to use an ipad2 with the 03d please. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X