Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm/Disarm tracks in ableton Live using LiveOsc

Hi everyone!

I'm freaking out trying to arm/disarm a specific track in Live.

The first thing i tried was demux the message /live/arm/0 (in /live/arm the first argument is track select and second arm/disarm...i think) from my tracks 1 to 7. Now 7 new arguments were in the document. But when i click on the arm button in Live for each track the arguments highlight in pairs (0-1,1-2,2-3, and so on). I don't find a way to route 'this results' to specifics buttons on my TouschOsc layout.

The second thing i tried was split the argument /live/arm/0 7 times and scale the input values.The results were fine for the first time. But if i click again any of the tracks the arguments highlight in pairs, or trios, even all in a randomly form to me.

Any idea of how this issue can be resolved?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello iogurt,

I think the most simple solution would be to create a OSC routing, with a rewrite address that includes the value of the track number argument. There is a special syntax for this that is documented in the OSC routing editor.
    Then you could easily map LiveOSC messages to a control in TouchOSC.

If you need an example or more information, please let me know.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Camille.
      Thanks fot the fast answer.
      I don`t know how to make this special routing. I read and read your manual (thanks for the pdf) again and again and i don't know how to lidiate with arguments properly.

Surely is my poor english level is the cause i don't undesrtand the manual, (or my poor brain) but if you can make an example would be great. There is a link in the manual that says 'OSC Addresss rewriting rules' but when i click nothing hapens. And i am uncapable to find that section in the appendix.

Iogurt.
      Last edited by iogurt; 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Hi iogurt,

Sorry for the confusing answer.
        I tried what I suggested and it would not work. The reason is that multi-button controls indexes in TouchOSC (multitoggle and multipush) are one based (1, 2, 3, 4, ...), but LiveOSC's tracks numbers indexes are zero based (0, 1, 2, 3, ...) so it couldn't map directly.

The only solution is something as what you suggested : demux the first argument of the /live/arm message and create routings for each track. You need two routings for each track, one that goes from TouchOSC to Live, and the other way round.

Attached is a simple example of how to do this with a multitoggle control in Live and 4 tracks.

Best,
        Cam
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Camille.

That's work PERFECT!!

Very very thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X