Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to assign play/stop and record in OSCulator connected to LOGIC

Hi Forum
    How can i assign play/stop and record in osculator connected to LOGIC.
    I suppose its an global MIDI CC command, I try to use the same approach as described in several tutorials, thus touching the transport bar in LOGIC assigning it to MIDI CC 1 channel 1 the same I have assigned in OSCulator. Should I maybe use a certain object !?
    I.m bewildered

Yours
    B

Hi B,

I will try to give you a general answer to your question, but it could depend on what controller you are using with OSCulator.

The general idea is to assign a MIDI CC to a OSC message (for example MIDI CC 10), and assign it to a key command in Logic.

The following video explain how to do that this a MIDI controller, but you can consider OSCulator to be also a MIDI controller and generate the proper MIDI CC to trigger your Logic key commands.

So, for example if you want to assign MIDI CC 10 to Play/Stop, open Logic Key Command Preferences (click on the Logic menu, then choose Preferences, and then Key Commands, or just Option-K). In the panel, find Play/Stop (under the Global Commands item) and select it.

In OSCulator, assign the MIDI CC 10 to a message that comes from your controller.

Now, back to Logic press the "Learn New Assignment" button, Logic will enter learn mode. Press the button from your controller. OSCulator will translate the OSC message to MIDI, and Logic will learn that MIDI CC 10 is used for the key command Play/Stop. Then when you press again the button from your controller, the Play/Stop key command will be triggered.

You can repeat these operations for any key command you like, provided you choose a different MIDI CC for each key command. Remember that Logic uses some reserved MIDI CC numbers for internal usage. For example MIDI CC 7 is used to control the volume of audio faders, so you can't use MIDI CC 7 for anything else.

Hope that helps.

Camille

Comment

Dear Camille
      Super, exactly what i want :-)
      I found out simultaneously but did a little different approach - found the key command inside LOGIC and then the corresponding key in OSC thus maintaining the standard setup within LOGIC.
      A add one question : When after sometime I go back in to my OSC editor to add for example an extra fader. It start adding fader 1 (fex.) again thus doubling the OSC messages.
      I have done the stupid technic adding fader and then deleting until the number is correct say I have made earlier 4 fader i then delete four in order to inset fader 5. Has to be an easier way :-)
      All the best
      and thanks for your time
      Bo

Comment

And how to add more than one page in OSCeditor ?
        Yours
        B

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Lundby-Jaeger View Post
          And how to add more than one page in OSCeditor ?
          Yours
          B
          OK I found out.
          On top of a page there's a grey area click and is says add page !

Comment

Hello all. I am trying to connect OSCulator with Logic but going through the steps in the plug in it states that it needs to be in the library as follows. ~/Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-in or i /Library/Application Support/MIDI Device Plug-ins
            However I can't find MIDI Device plug- ins in my library. Somebody plea help me. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Hi asurenyan,

If the folder does not exist, you can create it.
              Just make sure it has exactly the required name.

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Working...
              X