Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote quick usage issue

Hi there,

I'm trying to play to Super Meat Boy with my Wiimote Classic connected through OSCulator.

Problem is, each command that arrives to the game, keyboard emulation or HID emulation, is kinda... lagged. it's not real lag, it's like if I'm pressing repeatedly a button, the game just react as I haven't pressed it at all, or if I have pressed it and not released. Like if there's some sort of filter dumbing the controls down.

There's no problem with the game at all: in fact, if I use real keyboards control, the game just reacts as it's supposed to be.

I've already tried to cut off smoothing and remove keys repetition filter in the options... what should I do??

This was basically the single motivation that made me buy OSCulator... :/

Hi Matteo!

I am currently on vacation, so there is no way I can test this game (will be back on 10th of August).

Using a Wiimote with OSCulator and the HID or keyboard emulation should be lag free and very responsive. In fact, OSCulator has been optimized to provide the best response. Now, there can be some games that don't play well with OSCulator; I am always curious to try them and fix the problem if any.

So if you could please wait until I come back home.
    In the meantime, please share with me your oscd file by email (camille at osculator dot net), and I will have a look on my travel computer.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

sure, why not!
      but I'll tell you more: I'm gonna make a check on the games that I actually have (from Steam and Humble Bundle, mostly) and I'll tell you what's not working.
      I've already noticed that some games doesn't even find the WiiMote... probably is a game related issue, but maybe it can be useful to you

Comment

Working...
      X