Sending OSC Messages on Track Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending OSC Messages on Track Selection

I built a tabbed interface in TouchOSC to control articulation switching in my sample libraries. So far it's working great! But to take it to the next level I would love for the TouchOSC app change to the correct tab when I select a track. Is there anyway for me to send an OSC or CC message from my daw on track selection to Osculator and then map that to the tab change message? I already have a routing in Osculator that sends the correct change page messages now the question is how to trigger the appropriate message when I select a track. I am using Cubase, DP7 and Logic so I would love a solution that would work with all three DAW's.

Thanks for any advice!

JB
    Cubase 6.5, Logic 9, DP8, Ableton 8, Osculator 2.12, TouchOSC 1.8.1

Hi JB,

Unfortunately each DAWs have their own way of transmitting track selection.

Doing what you would like to do will not be simple, and don't expect to have something that will be cross-DAW compatible.
    Here are some tips:

For Ableton Live you can use the LiveAPI, which is basically a OSC wrapper around Live's mixer model: http://livecontrol.q3f.org/ableton-liveapi/

For Logic, I am providing the OSCulator Plugin for Logic Pro, an experimental project that eases the communication between Logic and OSCulator.
    Description The OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro is a "Control Surface Plug-in" allowing control of Logic Pro using the Open Sound Control protocol (OSC). The aim is to create a clean and documented API so OSC applications are easier to interface with Logic Pro. The plug-in is compatible with: Logic Pro 9.1.2 or

As for DP8, I know MOTU has recently added OSC support. The OSC is supposed to be on a bi-directional TCP stream, but I never had the chance to try it with OSCulator (version 2.12 support bi-directional TCP streams). I had a look at the documentation, and it seems a bit complex and unorthodox (though well made). Once again, this is an interface that is completely different from Logic's and Live's.

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X