extract clip position info from liveosc/ableton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extract clip position info from liveosc/ableton

Hey! So I've been using osculator with liveosc forever, and I think it's about time I figure this part out.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get playhead info from my first 2 channels, which I'm using as DJ channels/decks.

So I want 2 signals. I want any clip that's playing on track one to send a clip position to one signal, and any clip on track two to send a separate signal.

is this possible?

liveosc sends clip position osc info, but I have no idea how to use it...
    any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Originally posted by AileenHue
    I think for this if you are using the version less than OSX 10.5.8 you will need to install python,Otherwise you need to unzip the latest release in the folder called liveOSC.
    just to be clear, I have liveosc and python and they both work fine.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the /live/clip/position signal in osculator and separate certain tracks into usable data for visual feedback in touchosc or on the quneo

Comment

Hi djzach,

If you look at the LiveOSC dictionary:
      Code:
      /live/clip/position (int track) (int clip) (float position) (float length) (float loop_start) (float loop_end)
      I am not exactly sure of what you need, but you could extract the tracks from the first argument by using the "Demux" function. Select the first argument (0) in the message /live/clip/position, and choose Edit->Demux. Then make it so the message /live/clip/position is sent again. You will see the different track numbers displayed as if they were sub-messages with one argument ommited (in this case messages with 5 argument whose first one is the clip number).

I hope this will help you.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Working...
      X