How to Connect Wii MotionPlus INSIDE Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Connect Wii MotionPlus INSIDE Controller

I bought a Wii MotionPlus INSIDE controller/nunchuck combo and can't get it to connect to my MacBook Pro (2012).

"Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR" is the name in the blueooth menu.

I've tried hours of different programs and nearly every nonsensical permutation of buttons pressed after the red sync button on the back. Please, please, please help.

--
    OSX 10.8.3
    Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.1.3f3 11349
    OSCulator Version 2.12.7 (20130308)
    Last edited by apollo003; 03-19-2013, 11:10 PM. Reason: added more environment info

Hi Apollo,

Please describe what you do and what happens, I don't have enough information to understand the problem.
    Also, what is the brand of the remote ?

If the name is displayed in the Bluetooth menu, then the remote has been successfully connected to your computer. If you don't see anything happening in OSCulator, that means that there is either an old version of the Perfect Pairing extension installed (from a previous version of OSCulator), or that the remote is not recognized (unlikely if it is a Nintendo branded remote), and I will have to send you a test program.

Do you see at least the Bluetooth address of the remote in the Wiimote drawer?

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Apollo,

Please describe what you do and what happens, I don't have enough information to understand the problem.
      Also, what is the brand of the remote ?

If the name is displayed in the Bluetooth menu, then the remote has been successfully connected to your computer. If you don't see anything happening in OSCulator, that means that there is either an old version of the Perfect Pairing extension installed (from a previous version of OSCulator), or that the remote is not recognized (unlikely if it is a Nintendo branded remote), and I will have to send you a test program.

Do you see at least the Bluetooth address of the remote in the Wiimote drawer?

OSCulator say that it's "Running..." in the lower left corner, but my wiimote lights blink for about 30s then all turn off.

Best,
      Camille
      My procedure:
      1. Begin in a known state: Pull out a battery from the controller and make sure all programs are closed. Maybe even toggle bluetooth and WiFi power?
      2. open OSCulator
      2b. press >> to see Wiimote menu
      2c. press 'start paring...' in that sidebar
      3 put batteries back in wiimote
      3. press red button on back as instructed
      I see the four LEDs blink and then they all go off...crickets as to what happend. Feedback from OSCulator says "Running..." in lower left corner

This is my first time ever installing OSCulator. How can check the extension version?

Nintendo Brand Wii MotionPlus INSIDE controller
      No, I do not see the address in the Wiimote drawer of OSCulator
      Last edited by apollo003; 03-20-2013, 01:02 AM. Reason: add procedure

Comment

Holy moly, i just tried that same procedure once more and it worked!!!!! Oh how fickle you are bluetooth...

This time the nunchuck was not connected and I fully de-powered by removing the battery. Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by apollo003 View Post
          Holy moly, i just tried that same procedure once more and it worked!!!!! Oh how fickle you are bluetooth...

This time the nunchuck was not connected and I fully de-powered by removing the battery. Hmmm....

BUT, I am still getting no recognition of my button presses in the game once I start it with dolphin. I might just go buy a wii now...

Comment

So you see the buttons registering in OSCulator?

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
              So you see the buttons registering in OSCulator?
              Yes. When I press 'A' it seems to only register the down event, release event but not continuously 'A' as I hold it. I don't know if that's intentional.

Comment

I am not sure to understand what you mean by "continuously", but it seems this is the normal behavior.
                Could you please share your configuration file?
                Either take a screenshot, attach it to this forum, or send it to me: camille at osculator dot net.
                Thanks!

Comment

Has anyone been able to get the regular wii motion adapter to work with dolphin? This website http://www.mobiledataup.com/dolphin-wii-motion-plus/ says the devs will NEVER implement it. Sucks cause I dont have one of the new remotes but want to play the new zelda game.

Comment

Working...
                  X