NumberPad/3 nmbr and text display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NumberPad/3 nmbr and text display

Heres my number pad I made that can display 3 numbers plus text. I use this as a visual cue only (as its not linked to any incoming messages) to enter counter mode/bars/time as well as creating multiple tracks. You can have the text box display anything you want. I have mine set up to display the mode Im in so if I push my "counter" button the display says counter and then I can enter bars and beats and those numbers are displayed in the number fields. You can set it up however you want.

There is probably a more elegant way to do this but I'm not a programmer so this is what Ive come up with.

number pad:display.jpg

Number Pad and Display.oscd

num pad and display.touchosc
    Last edited by camille; 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM. Reason: Reordered attachment for better readibility

I forgot..

This works by using visibility.
    In this example there are three layers. Each layer corresponds to a number display text box 01 -03. Pushing any number button cycles through the layers respectively. Layer 1 will display its numbers in /1/numberDisplay01, layer 2 displays its numbers in /1/numberDisplay02 and layer 3 in /1/numberDisplay03.

Pushing the enter/clr button at anytime will reset the numberDisplay 01-03 to off and focus the visibility back to Layer 1 starting the processes over.

In my case I have a fourth layer that does not display numbers which I use for some transport controls and other things.
    I activate Layers 1-3 (the ones that are set to display) by pressing my counter button, which gives me bars and beats or any of the create multiple tracks buttons, which displays the number of tracks I choose.

This is a cheat but it means I don't have to look at my DAW to enter data. I can see in TouchOSC that the numbers did register.

Comment

Dang it.. ok..

In this layout I have the layers separated (Layer 1,Layer 2,Layer 3, and Overlay) and also already put together in the combined tab so copying and pasting it all together is easy.

ok I think thats it.

Comment

That's crazy, I didn't know it would be possible!
        Great job

Comment

Thanks!

Yes it is crazy. If theres an easier way to do this please let me know. This is what prompted my question a while ago about grouping or nesting in Osculator controls/commands. For example a visible group/invisible group.

This is an example of how I use the number pad.

NUMBER PAD 328.oscd

Comment

forgot this..

num pad and display 328.touchosc

Comment

Yes, I totally see your point about OSC Routing groups.
              If TouchOSC followed the OSC standard you could have used some sort of primitive regular expressions to target several controls at once for example :

/mycontrol/1
              /mycontrol/2
              /mycontrol/3

... would all be trigger by "/mycontrol/?".

(by the way, OSCulator support these expressions, see "OSC Message Dispatching and Pattern Matching".)

I will try to find some time this week to find a more elegant solution!

Cam

Comment

Working...
              X