Wiimotes sending over individual ports? problem with upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimotes sending over individual ports? problem with upgrade

In a former version of Osculator I had 2 wiimotes sending OSC individually to two separate programs which were listening on different ports. It worked great.

I am having trouble getting this to work in the new version. I finally tried making two separate osculator windows, paired the devices one to each window and port. That worked.

Is there a way to accomplish this within one Osculator window?
    Can I download an earlier version of Osculator somewhere?

I'm not finding a way to get the multiple ports to stick. It seems one works or the other works.

Just tried again. I can add multiple targets OK but when I try to specify which target for each Wiimote it changes all of them to that one port.

Thanks
    Robbie
    Last edited by robbierebar; 05-25-2013, 07:39 PM.

Hi Robbie,

There should be no problem doing what you want with the current version. You can just connect your two Wiimotes, and assign the proper OSC Routing event just like in the previous version, nothing has changed that should prevent you from doing this.

I'm not finding a way to get the multiple ports to stick. It seems one works or the other works.
    I'm not sure to understand. Are you trying to set the OSC input port of two windows to the same number? I guess you should have a look at the Parameters window, and go to the OSC tab, then configure two OSC targets as destinations to your two programs.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

I configured the OSC targets and that seems to work. I select the Wiimote I want to configure, hit parameters, select the OSC target I have set, but that changes the target for every Wiimote I have connected. Not just the one I am attempting to configure.

Trying to send OSC from Wiimote1 to port 9000, and Wimote 2 to port 12000. I have set the ports but cannot seem to set both to work at the same time as I could before.

Thanks for your assistance
      Robbie

Comment

I configured the OSC targets and that seems to work. I select the Wiimote I want to configure, hit parameters, select the OSC target I have set, but that changes the target for every Wiimote I have connected. Not just the one I am attempting to configure.
        Got it.
        You want to configure two different OSC Routing events, one that will use one target, and another that uses the other target. When creating the new routing, you don't need to configure anything special apart from the target, which is the first item in the table.

Don't forget to give the OSC Routings a fancy name in the Memo column to make the difference in the main messages list.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam. I still cannot get this to work. I did add the memos which I had not done. I get the ports set in the targets. When I select the OSC targets on the menu it changes everything in the OSculator window to that choice. I am unable to select two different ports.

Am I not selecting it correctly?

I highlight Wiimote 2 for example, I go to the Target OSC gearbox thing, change to the output port I want, close the parameters window and it has changed Wiimote1 which was not selected and Wiimote2 which was selected to that address.

I am unable to figure out how to send to two ports.

I thought maybe the memo addition would fix it but it does not.

Is there another way to manage the assignments? or am I missing something?

Thanks
          Robbie

Comment

Hey Robbie,

The memo has no other role than to be informative.
            The problem is that you use a single OSC Routing. Here is a screenshot of a suggestion on how it should be configured.
            OSC Targets vs Routings.png

You will notice that the bottom part of the window has 2 OSC routings.
            Now in the main list, you can assign the two routings to your two Wiimotes.

For more information about OSC Targets and OSC Routings please consult the User's Manual at page 36 (in the Help menu choose User's Manual).

Cam

Comment

Working...
            X