Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer BCF2000 w/motorised Faders through OSCulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer BCF2000 w/motorised Faders through OSCulator?

Hi all,

maybe a total n00b question, but here is my dream/dillema:

- I have a BCF2000
    - I have several apps that allow for channel based OSC feedback (got them working fine with i.e. TouchOSC, both with or without OSCulator)
    - I want to be able to use the motorised faders on my BCF2000
    - The host application it would be most useful for (a lighting software) does allow for MIDI channel based and OSC based I/O, but NOT for Mackie/other HUI support

CAN OSCulator help here? i.e. convert the OSC feedback into something that would move a motorised fader on the BCF2000? And vice versa, obviously .

I just can't wrap my head around this, but want to make this work quite badly; if someone has an example of how to make one fader work, I am more than happy to put the hard yards in and program a nice layout for anyone who is interested in something similar...

Cheers,

freadZdead

Hi freadZdead,

I am not totally sure to understand what you are trying to do, but OSCulator can be setup as a bridge between your different components. If you use MIDI CC, you will surely be able to have bi-directional communications with all devices.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Well, I am not sure - so far, I have not been able to move a motorised fader on the device without it talking to some sort of Mackie-compatible software (like Logic,Reason,... all these implement Mackie control surfaces). The software I am using (LXConsole) does since a few builts back incorporate sending MIDI CC's as well as OSC, but it is not implementing a Mackie Control surface layer. Without that, it looks like the BCF2000 is merely acting as "total memory" motorised faders - i.e., it remembers in the device (per page), how each channel was set. However, if you imagine an LX fade to happen, or you jumping to a different cue (same page), you would want the faders to react to the MIDI CC... anyway, I am waffeling I just hoped somebody out there knows/has this device and has been successful with remotely controlling it... without using Mackie ;P.

Comment

Right, now I understand.
        It seems that you can configure the BCF2000 to output anything you like, see page 14 here: http://www.behringer.com/EN/download...P0246_M_EN.pdf
        I am sorry I don't have this devide at hand so I can't tell for sure.

Comment

Thanks Camille, I will try this out, can't believe I've overlooked that somehow! :O

Comment

Working...
          X