Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSCulator with Madcatz Rock Band 3 keytar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator with Madcatz Rock Band 3 keytar?

Hello

On the strength of this article:
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/1...midi-keyboard/
    I have just bought this inexpensive keytar, and it works a treat hooked up to MIDI instruments or laptop with a MIDI cable. I have no interest in using it to play Wii games, only as a MIDI controller.

Would OSCulator make it possible to use this as a wireless controller talking to a Mac? I would love to be able to use it with Logic etc, but without the cable.

Thanks for your advice

I managed to make it work on my Mac with the Microsoft Wireless Xbox receiver. It is a nice little keyboard by the way. I don't think I will incorporate this device into OSCulator but I can surely share with you something that you can use with OSCulator.

Do you have the wireless receiver? If so please contact me at camille at osculator dot net for more details.

Comment

Thanks, Camille. I don't have the Microsoft Wireless Xbox receiver you mention, but I would be willing to get one if it made it possible for this keyboard to work wirelessly (and musically) with a computer. This is the *Wii* version of this keyboard, not *Xbox*. Would it still be compatible with the Microsoft Wireless Xbox receiver? Is there a Wii equivalent to the the Microsoft Wireless Xbox receiver?

Comment

Ahhh, you made a good point.
        i have the Xbox version of this keyboard, so don't purchase this adapter.
        i didn't know that there was a Wii version. Does the remote fits into the key oars then?
        i will see where I can purchase one.

Comment

This is the one I bought for only £13.49:

Here's a manual:
          ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/support/rb3..._96161_MUG.pdf

What do you mean by "Does the remote fit into the key oars"? There's a white 2 female -> 1 male USB adapter, which I haven't tried plugging into anything yet

Comment

I just bought one, hopefully will receive it before leaving on vacation.

What do you mean by "Does the remote fit into the key oars"? There's a white 2 female -> 1 male USB adapter, which I haven't tried plugging into anything yet
            That's my iPad writing nonsense, and me not reading it.
            I meant: does the Wiimote fits in the keyboard?

Comment

There's nowhere to plug a Wiimote into the keytar. Just a nice old school MIDI socket. The thing I thought was a USB adapter is in fact a dongle with a sync button that plugs into the Wii console. Would it do anything useful plugged into a Mac?

Comment

That would perhaps mean that it is the same model as the one for the Xbox?
                I will be able to try when I receive the keyboard.

Comment

They certainly look identical. Let us know how you get on. Many thanks, Camille.

Comment

OK, so I received the controller, I will have a look tomorrow. At this moment I don't have a clue at how it works! I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X