Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layers?

Hi,

Is it possible to use OSCulator to add Layers to a midi device? A button which toggles between "layers" - each button would send two or more notes depending on the state of the toggle switch?

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Akiem,

I think you can do that by duplicating a MIDI Note w/ Params, but before going too far in the description, I'd like to know what kind of layer you would like to create. If you want to generate unison notes (same pitch and velocity) but on a different channel, OSCulator can do that. If you would like to harmonize the input, then it will not be possible.

In any case, I think there are easier tools for this task, like MIDI Pipe, or even simpler, the MIDI Plugins that you can find in Live or Logic.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi, sorry its taken me so long to respond.

Here is what I am trying to do. Several of my midi gear has banks/layers/modes, usually 4. By switching 'banks' each trigger will send a different note or channel. But my Berhinger cdm dc1 does not have banks. I was hoping there was a way to switch all triggers at once to a new channel, or alternate midi messages.

thanks

Comment

There are two options that might help you.

1. There is a Channel Change event type that can be used to change the channels of all events contained in the current preset.

2. Another possibility, is to use Presets. Unfortunately they do not act as Layers, and are a bit tedious to use.

I have worked on an implementation of Layers but found they were too complex to use and understand.

Comment

Working...
        X